Administrator

Rating 93327
Registered 8-25-2006

Mood: Sim-Tastic

posted on 8-7-2011 at 06:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Football changes installed for August

The following changes to football have been put into place:

- Interceptions have been increased.

- Run Stop and Pass Prevent options have been added as possible default defenses.

- Pass completion rates for screens have been slightly increased.

- The strategy page will now show the last strategy you loaded, or "Custom unsaved strategy" if you have made adjustments without saving the changes to a strategy name.

- Loading a strategy will now set the strategy immediately without requiring you to submit the page a second time.

- Each strategy page now has a Strategy Modifier associated with it. This is a slider that allows you to quickly adjust a strategy more toward running or passing (or defending against the run/pass) without having to edit each number on the page individually.

- A strategy management page has been added to allow you to delete, rename or copy strategies.

- The salary for Fullbacks and Punters have been reduced to closer match reality. This will only take effect for new league populations.

- There is now a Fullback category in the Initial Draft.

- There is now a Basic Strategy page that lets you load a saved strategy for all of your strategy pages, and adjust the modifer, from a single page. By default the old Offense and Defense tabs are hidden but you can display them by checking the Show Advanced Strategy Tabs box on this page.

- You can now set depth charts for specific formations.

- Trade offers involving waived players will now be automatically cancelled.

- A Team Drills page has been added which shows your players performance in the 40 yard dash (with 10 and 20 yards splits), 100 yard dash, Vertical Jump, Broad Jump, and Bench Press, allowing you to more easily evaluate players with similar skills. You can only see this level of detail for your own team.

- The chance of snow and colder weather has been increased in November, December and January.

- Bugs related to the Trade Desk have been fixed.

- A bug that allowed injured players to occasionally return during the same game has been fixed.

- There is new logic in place for accepting or declining a penalty, based on the estimated chance of making a first down, so if the choice is between, say, first and 6 or second and 5, the decision will be made more intelligently than just taking whichever option gets more yards.

- There is now an improvement report page.

- Players picked up off the waiver wire are no longer automatically ineligible if they are picked up after the trade deadline. Instead, they retain their previous eligibility. After 1 full week as free agents, players that were previously ieligible due to being traded after the deadline wll become eligible again.

- Finally, Conditioning training no longer automatically sets all players to 100%; instead, it now sets their Conditioning to 10 points higher than it was, so if the player is at 85% Conditioning, using the Conditioning drill on him will take his conditioning to 95% at the start of the next game.

--Chris

To help us serve you better, please use the message boards for all questions or problems. u2u should NEVER be used. If it is something of a private nature, please post in the Support forum and mark it as private. This helps us save time and money, which ultimately leads to more improvements to the game and the lowest prices possible. The Support forum is always read before u2us. u2us sent to Admin will be reposted to Support and addressed after issues posted properly.

What's the Deal with the Admin account?

Discounted teams in the multi-season private leagues available. Signup for a team today, or see which teams are available, at
The Private & Speed League Team List

DaveValle
Rookie

Rating 101
Registered 4-24-2006

Mood: Not Set

posted on 8-8-2011 at 04:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Seems like I can no longer choose my offensive strategies to fit personnel. I can't make my 1st down strategy "long shotgun" or my 3rd and long "middle run" if I wanted to. I can't edit my existing custom strategies either.

1950srobot
Hall of Famer

Rating 3411
Registered 2-12-2010

posted on 8-8-2011 at 06:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
What you have to do is click on "Show Advanced Stradegy Tabs" on the top of the page. When you go to "Save" it, you get those settings.

This wasn't really clear in the first time I looked at it. I'm not sure if it's obvious to others, but it wasn't for me.

[Edited on 8-8-2011 by 1950srobot]

Admin
Administrator

Rating 93327
Registered 8-25-2006

posted on 8-8-2011 at 06:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes you can... just check the box on the first strategy page that says "Show advanced strategy tabs" and click Save Strategy.

--Chris

To help us serve you better, please use the message boards for all questions or problems. u2u should NEVER be used. If it is something of a private nature, please post in the Support forum and mark it as private. This helps us save time and money, which ultimately leads to more improvements to the game and the lowest prices possible. The Support forum is always read before u2us. u2us sent to Admin will be reposted to Support and addressed after issues posted properly.

Discounted teams in the multi-season private leagues available. Signup for a team today, or see which teams are available, at

ffoursea
Hall of Famer

Rating 2857
Registered 5-25-2007
Location chicago

Mood: happy

posted on 8-8-2011 at 06:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
yahoo cold weather in chicago

yes

DaveValle
Rookie

Rating 101
Registered 4-24-2006

posted on 8-9-2011 at 02:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
thanks guys
spyboy1306
League Commish

Rating 2459
Registered 2-28-2004
Location New Orleans, LA

Mood: --

posted on 8-11-2011 at 02:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
i like the setup of the improvement report, except mine is listing both my 1963 and 1964 rosters, so there are about 130 players listed right now, 53 of which are no longer on my team.

http://football.simdynasty.com/improvements.jsp?teamid=2649

[Edited on 8-11-2011 by spyboy1306]

Baseball

Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers (George Van Haltren League) (1950-2019+)
World Series Champs:1970, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2004, 2015, 2019

Detroit Cobras(Ed Delhanty League) (1950-2000)
World Series Champs:1953, 1954, 1955, 1958, 1973, 1975, 2000

Tampa Bay Cobras(Ed Delhanty League) (2001-2043)
World Series Champs:2020, 2022, 2039

Detroit Cobras(Orlando Cepeda League) (2150-2163+)
World Series Champs:2160

Football

New Orleans Sno-Blitz
(Walter Payton Football League) (1960-1988)
Champs:Sweetness Bowl II (1961), XI (1970), XVIII (1977), XXI (1980)

Please send U2U to spyboy1306

Admin
Administrator

Rating 93327
Registered 8-25-2006

posted on 8-12-2011 at 07:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This should be fixed.

--Chris

STEROIDS_R_US
Hall of Famer

Rating 2672
Registered 12-31-2007
Location Ottawa , Ontario , Canada

Mood: CRAZY

posted on 8-15-2011 at 02:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
When will the defensive players get stats on their player cards ??? i.e. sacks, tackles , passes defended, interceptions ??? All of the important stuff.

MY OWNER'S STATS
http://www.simdynasty.com/owner.jsp?owner=STEROIDS_R_US

Total World Series Won= http://www.simdynasty.com/images/trophy.gif 45

Admin
Administrator

Rating 93327
Registered 8-25-2006

posted on 8-15-2011 at 01:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sacks, passes defended and interceptions are on their player cards now. Tackles require a change in the engine that will come relatively soon.

--Chris

Share/Save/Bookmark Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top