Merger with Vida Blue league

Discussions for the Jim Edmonds League.

Moderator: joetinker

alecansky74

Merger with Vida Blue league

Post by alecansky74 »

GUys, we have a chance to merge with the VBL. The have 7 owners that need a home.... Great opportunity for us to merge. I am making the request to Admin.

Thanks
Alec
alecansky74

Re: Merger with Vida Blue league

Post by alecansky74 »

Would would retain our league rules in the merger. We would need to decide on a new League name however... Thoughts?
Greyfan

Post by Greyfan »

Looks like a pretty good fit, I'm for it. A couple of JEL American League teams will have to go to the NL, I guess with city changes? Biggest difference between the leagues looks to be 9 games a day vs. 3. If there are objections to that many games from the VBL folks I'd suggest a compromise at 6 a day, daytime games if possible. I'll do 9 or 3 as well but I like 6 best. Blue Edwards League has a nice ring to it. Or Edwards Blue.
glu24

Post by glu24 »

Vida Edmonds or Blue Edmonds League

I'd want us to stay at 9 games a day if possible

I'd also volunteer to switch from the AL to NL

Very exciting new, great job!

_Seattle Ultra Mega
Greyfan

Post by Greyfan »

Edmonds of course, not Edwards. Brain fart. I'd switch to NL too, probably changing names and maybe cities regardless to reflect new league.
alecansky74

Post by alecansky74 »

I think a 6 games/day is a good compromise and would be my recommendation.
Roaddog

Post by Roaddog »

alecansky74 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:13 am GUys, we have a chance to merge with the VBL. The have 7 owners that need a home.... Great opportunity for us to merge. I am making the request to Admin.

Thanks
Alec
Not to be a wet blanket, but I believe the VBL only has three or four teams to merge into the Edmonds League. The Montreal and Miami owners don't want to merge and the Colorado and Toronto owners are gone. I own the Tampa Bay team, but I really don't think I want to merge if it is more than three game per day.

That leaves San Diego (alecansky74), Detroit (TurkeyStearnes) and Boston (Cotton1111).
scanman

Post by scanman »

Joined because its 9 games a day, would like it to remain 9 games a day.

Return to “Jim Edmonds League”