Match v Blong

Discussions for the Paul Waner League.

Moderator: WillyD

Enocelot

Match v Blong

Post by Enocelot »

Well they certainly lived up to the highly anticipated "pitching duel".

Was a shame one had to lose.
spiderrtp

Re: Match v Blong

Post by spiderrtp »

yeah, even worse that it was my guy... but still... a match up of two pitchers that combined to win 48 games in a season is ridiculous.
Enocelot

Post by Enocelot »

Cy v Cy.....

And now we go from Game 1 Pitching Duel, the Game 2 "Home Run Derby".

Your guys are some losing some real heartbreakers.

That said Chicago is representing well in San Diego. Those guys are monsters.
spiderrtp

Post by spiderrtp »

For a non-injury league, I was killed by injuries down the stretch. I lost my top 2 relief pitchers and my IF super-sub.
MassCarnage

Post by MassCarnage »

thought it was a fairly even matchup until your stud RP went down in the ALCS.. put your SPs on the spot to be nearly perfect in the WS, you did get two great starts in the 2-0 loss (game 1) and the 6-1 win (game 4).., there was just too much to overcome in the pen
spiderrtp

Post by spiderrtp »

Appreciate it. After some of the ones I've probably not deserved against SD, this was a pretty good whooping. The injuries to Rasmussen and Skube killed me, but I'm not sure even if they were healthy that you weren't the better team overall. Great matchup and look forward to trying to get back next season! All Hail SD this season!
loonatic

Post by loonatic »

Congrats in taking a game from that SD juggernaut. That's one of the more dominant teams we've seen in the NL for a while.
Enocelot

Post by Enocelot »

The first two games in San Diego were toss-ups too. The Series was closer than 4-1.

Both Chicago and San Diego are why I pulled the trigger on a rebuild earlier than planned... last season's WS was a fluke, as far as Texas getting there... I had already begun trading my guys... and then wound up facing a Tsunami, some how. ABE was cruel to both Tampa and the Mobsters, imo.

Tampa is another reason I am rebuilding early....

This is a pretty competitive League, and I am loving every minute of it.

Return to “Paul Waner League”