Congrats to Ty on a great run

Discussions for the Paul Waner League.

Moderator: WillyD

WillyD

Congrats to Ty on a great run

Post by WillyD »

Ty, I just wanted to congratulate you on your recent run here in the PWL.

8 straight playoff appearances from 2081-2088.
6 World Series appearances
6 Championships! (Including 4 straight from 2085-2088)

6 for 6, now that's what I call efficiency! That run ranks among the best in PWL history, which we know is not an easy league to make the WS, especially if you reside in the NL.
Ty031699

Re: Congrats to Ty on a great run

Post by Ty031699 »

Thanks Willy! Really enjoy this league, how competitive and active owners are is truly a blessing to all owners. There's been some great runs in this league, let's not forget about Milwaukee's run that appears to be coming to an end as well (I'm betting it'll be a short stop in the rebuild zone for loonatic), they've been in the playoff hunt for 28+ seasons!!! I enjoy the challenge of a rebuild but I can't even imagine having enough skill to keep a team in the hunt for that many seasons, especially in a league like the PWL.

Good luck to everyone this year!
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Milwaukee is the king of staying in the playoff hunt!

Another notable playoff runs (based on championships) just concluded prior to Houston's run:

San Diego - 2075-2081 (7 seasons, 5 rings, 5-0 in WS)
loonatic

Post by loonatic »

Ty, that has to be the best playoff team that I've seen. My club sure took its share of lumps at the hands of the Challengers in the LCS. Managed to stretch it to 7 games a few times, but your starting pitching was always too much to overcome. I'm sure I'll see you on the other side of the rebuild.
MassCarnage

Post by MassCarnage »

Congratulations Ty, your teams have always been very good, but this last edition was the most lethal and ultimately the most successful.

Good luck to everyone this season!

Return to “Paul Waner League”