AL WildCard

Discussions for the Paul Waner League.

Moderator: WillyD

spiderrtp

AL WildCard

Post by spiderrtp »

This is coming down to 3 teams to see who gets to the honor being pummeled by KC... Will 11 games to go, Detroit holds a 1 game lead on both Tampa Bay and Chicago. Looking at the remaining schedule, TB by far has the hardest road to get there. After 2 more with Sea, they have the other 2 contenders and then finish with the AL champ. Chicago and Detroit both play the other 2 contenders and 2 series with non-contenders. Let the games begin and good luck to all.
spinelli1234

Re: AL WildCard

Post by spinelli1234 »

I know they wouldn't be eligible for playoffs but if any contenders need help getting there, we still got guys........
Enocelot

Post by Enocelot »

I am playing to win. I can be a real spoiler here, and will try hard... I owe it to the integrity of the game.

I am even playing to sweep KC, at home, for no reason other that I want to sweep them at home... I thought of resting everything for Detroit and Chicago, but have decided to play to win every game.

Rest assured I will be attempting to win, so if you all want the play-offs, you will have to bring the A-game.
Enocelot

Post by Enocelot »

Spider, I am the best team to go through in the AL - especially at home. Call me mister filter.
Enocelot

Post by Enocelot »

One 10 inning, 2 unearned run loss away from a tie for second place an three teams within 1 GB.... nice series, Detroit.... nice season, good luck the rest of the way...

Next up lemme see if we can't make the good people of Chicago cry.....

For the record, however this shakes out, it has been fun watching the three of you compete this season.... it is also fun playing meaningful games up till the end.
Enocelot

Post by Enocelot »

Nice run/ finish, Mobsters. Good luck to you KC, SF and Cubs I the post season!
spiderrtp

Post by spiderrtp »

It ended about how I figured it would. Glad that I made the playoffs but KC was really the only AL team that deserved to compete for the WS. The Mobsters are on the way up though! Congrats KC!

Return to “Paul Waner League”