Slump

Discussions for the Paul Waner League.

Moderator: WillyD

fredbirds

Slump

Post by fredbirds »

Haven't had a slump in about 6 seasons, but the whole team has decided to do it together as KC has lost 8 of 9. Also, doesn't help when Texas and Detroit refuse to lose and I always play them back to back. Starting pitching the teams's strength has been hammered daily and giving up walks like never before including Ace Tom Morgan who started one game and walked 5 in the 1st inning. Also, has anyone else noticed the increased number of bunt hits? Not only in this league, in another I have a cleanup hitting catcher who is leading in the MVP race who recently had 7 bunt hits in a span of 4 games with his B speed.
Enocelot

Re: Slump

Post by Enocelot »

I actually sympathize, ABE is screwing you for some reason. Makes no sense.

I mean, I crafted a strong team., got that..... but what is happening in KC makes no sense.

The only thing I comfort I can give is that happening to you now, happened to me once after winning the WS, the good news for you is that I repeated, in spite of ABE.

Good luck.
spiderrtp

Post by spiderrtp »

I'm wondering what has happened to my team too... not to say that I'm as strong as KC or Texas, but I did make the playoffs last year and the team is better than last year. Been in 7th most of the season before a late push the last couple of days... still no way to even be competitive by end of the season.
Ty031699

Post by Ty031699 »

I know they're not real but every time I see a guy go from hitting .300 in one season to .250 (after improves), it's hard not to believe in slumps.

On the bunting note, I thought I remember seeing a minimum speed to be able to bunt for base hits?
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Ty031699 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:56 pm On the bunting note, I thought I remember seeing a minimum speed to be able to bunt for base hits?
You need a A- combo of speed and bunting skill. The lowest speed you could have, and actually bunt for hits, is B-. You have to have a total score of 152. So if your speed is low B- (52), you'll need a high A+ (100) bunt skill.
phishingtrip

Post by phishingtrip »

And now Heathcote goes down with a possible career ending injury! 52 games at that age, he may not return.
Enocelot

Post by Enocelot »

Gentry return, just in time. But yeah, KC has been being beat up.....
fredbirds

Post by fredbirds »

Nice to know all of you are watching my injury after injury after injur and so on
Enocelot

Post by Enocelot »

Yeah, as mentioned, I once had a similar season following a WS win.

I even Pmed SimDynasty about it. Not only injury after injury , but for some reason - although I had prolly one of the best BullPens in history - for some reason, with two outs in the 7th, in game after game after game, I would give up huge amounts runs.... was really frustrating, I quit watching games.

Tyson even admitted that it was weird, but promised me it wasn't code. I honestly thought there must have been something engineered in to make it more difficult to win back to back WS.
Enocelot

Post by Enocelot »

Oh, but on scheduling, no sympathy - I get you Tampa and Detroit, back to back to back..... :D

Return to “Paul Waner League”