What's the Point!!!!

Discussions for the Larry Doby League.
MillerTime

What's the Point!!!!

Post by MillerTime »

I am not sure what the point of this game is anymore or how things work. I can go through the regular season each year setting all kinds of records and have the best team and lose in the playoffs every year. I had 6 guys with 100 RBI, 4 20 game winners and 119 wins and scored a total of 5 runs in the first 4 games to go down 3-1 in the series. I even got shutout by a B+ pitcher that went 12-13 and had a C+ for control. I am just not sure how this game works anymore.
Blimp

Re: What's the Point!!!!

Post by Blimp »

At the end of the day, the simulated games are all just computer programs that are based on probabilities, so there's a fair amount of randomness to it.

It can definitely get pretty frustrating, but I think that's just how it is since you can't truly emulate real-life baseball games.

Sometimes you'll just have a Bartolo Colon type of pitcher looking like Max Scherzer.
broerick

Post by broerick »

This is real!
RoneTyT

Post by RoneTyT »

Its painful! The same year i broke the record for wins in a season I got beat by a team that won 90 games. This year had almost every all star starter - didnt make playoffs. Frustrating, but its happens.

Return to “Larry Doby League”