League Merge

Discussions for the Larry Doby League.
Admin
Site Admin

League Merge

Post by Admin »

A merge has been proposed between the Jimmy Ryan League and the Larry Doby League. Ordinarily, I hold votes to see if a league wants to merge; however, with both leagues half empty and having been so for several seasons, I don't think we have the option of not merging. We could, however, delay until next season if there are major objections. Merges must be completed between the draft (which just occurred) and the start of the season (but the season start can be delayed as long as I catch it up).

With these two leagues merged, we will have a completely full 16-team league. (There are 17 active teams but one owner in both leagues).

If you have any strong feelings about a merge, please post them here, especially if you are not interested in participating in the merged league so I can credit you and/or rehome you. If there is a lot of objection I can hold off another season.

In the past most of the objection has been related to loss of history, especially player stats; however, the latest merges have links to the original player on player cards, merged Hall of Fame, etc., so it's not nearly as traumatic as it used to be.

Chris/Admin
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Owenatkinson

Re: League Merge

Post by Owenatkinson »

Yes! Please merge us ASAP.
broerick

Post by broerick »

Lets merge
MillerTime

Post by MillerTime »

Lets merge
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

pickledoctopus, you have a team in both leagues. Please let me know which you want to keep. (otherwise I'll just keep the Jimmy Ryan League team.)
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
gatkeri

Post by gatkeri »

I second the motion!!
RoneTyT

Post by RoneTyT »

LETS MERGE!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since each league has 8 teams remaining, they will each take a league, the JRL in the AL and the Larry Doby League the NL. I'll have to reassign some cities; you can use the Change City link on your team profile to relocate next season if you don't like my choice.

New teams should be in place within the hour.

Chris
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Your new league message board is at viewforum.php?f=245 .
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Everything should be ready to go.

Chris

Return to “Larry Doby League”