Teams not Active

Discussions for the Sandy Amoros League.
Hagman9

Teams not Active

Post by Hagman9 »

It looks like there are about 7 teams not active. Hardly makes the league competitive or fun. Any ideas on what we can do to get some new players? Should we talk about a merger with another league? If this doesn't change, I am going to be out.
Minions

Re: Teams not Active

Post by Minions »

wow, Montreal hasnt been active for almost an entire year!!! I dont know if the way the site is going we'd find enough owners to replace all those inactive owners. I'm concerned too.
Splinter

Post by Splinter »

I also commish the HKL, and that league is in a similar condition. 3 or 4 teams with a long period of inactivity.

I think a couple things have contributed. Chaperones have replaced some buyers. Guys that might have bought another team are just chaperoning. Important service but i think it also has its costs to the site. Also, the new league types make some of the older rules seem tired.

The rise of facebook and cbs sportline games might also be putting some pressure on this model. And those games use real player names in their simulations. Madden mobile...all sorts of game models providing competition.

I would like to see a more aggressive merger protocol...the 24 team leagues are more fun and challenging (IMO).
Minions

Post by Minions »

Maybe they really need to force more of these consolidations, or maybe even create new leagues and fold others that are failing. Creating a new league might actually generate some loyalty to sticking around a bit since you're the first owner of said club. I have never had the chance to do this since I only came around a couple years ago, but the couple expansion drafts I participated in were interesting.
Splinter

Post by Splinter »

I think the infinite seasons tend to get old. If these leagues had a life...100 seasons, or whatever...you could have and end, identify a 'winner' and move on to a different challenge.

I think re-shuffling the deck now and then breathes a bit of new life into the game.
ComptonNine

Post by ComptonNine »

List of absentee owners and their last active day:

Cleveland - 12/19/17
Colorado - 12/19/17
Brooklyn - 12/18/17
Boston - 9/20/17
Chicago - 9/12/17
San Diego - 6/11/17
Montreal - 3/28/17

Note: Washington - 2/21/18

Guys, it is time to merge or fold the league, or freeze our teams.
Minions

Post by Minions »

I just re-upped, but was not thinking of sticking around. Lets shake things up and make this active again. Any merger targets?
Hagman9

Post by Hagman9 »

I'd like to work a merger with another league if possible. Maybe reboot it all and start from scratch like a brand new league.
timemry

Post by timemry »

For the short term, we have 6 teams for sale. Any objection if I move those teams to the bottom of the draft order so the good prospects dont go to waste? Nobody is going to buy the teams, we havent had a sniff in seasons.

Tim

Return to “Sandy Amoros League”