Chaperone trading?

Discussions for the Lou Brock League.

Moderator: bradyo22

Vytron

Chaperone trading?

Post by Vytron »

What's this league's stance on chaperone trading? I just received an offer, I created a thread about it:

http://forum.simdynasty.com/viewtopic.p ... 57#p162757

I recall come people have commented on other leagues that chaperones shouldn't be making trades, so I'd like to know what's the general opinion around here.
SquidJordan wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:09 am all you can do is all you can do.
Vytron wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:01 pm Disclaimer: I don't know what I'm talking about
Glug

Re: Chaperone trading?

Post by Glug »

Chaperones should be allowed to trade IMO. As far as this team? You are in the middle of a run, do what you need to to win. At least I would. A chaperone should do nothing different in competing windows.
Vytron

Post by Vytron »

Thanks, the offer was removed so I could no longer accept it. Only minor leaguers were involved, so it wouldn't have affected this run. I didn't need the pitcher offered, but it could have been useful to have for a future season, on the other hand, the player I'm keeping could be great against LHP in a future season, looking great for now.
jthurm2

Post by jthurm2 »

I have no issue with it. If your not allowed to make the team better why have a chaperone. IMO the job of the chaperone is to make the team attractive to a new owner. Trades should be welcomed.
262run

Post by 262run »

Chaperones should definitely be permitted to trade, just as any other owner. The duty of a good chaperone is to make the team as competitive as possible and desirable for purchase! What good does a chaperone do if he just skates along with mindless minor moves? A BOT can do that, and you don't want BOTS in the league. Additionally, many times a chaperone grows to like a team enough to buy it, which I have done twice.

Jim~
Roaddog

Post by Roaddog »

I don’t have a problem with it.
Racepicks

Post by Racepicks »

I agree. Chaperones should be able to improve the team they are overseeing.
I never booed YAZ!!!!

Return to “Lou Brock League”