Andy Morey

Discussions for the Dale Murphy League.

Moderator: historymann49

Minions

Andy Morey

Post by Minions »

Because I'm a stats dork, and actually care about virtual accomplishments (LOL), I just happened to see that Andy Morey is 32 wins away from taking Greg Maddux's all time wins mark, and if he pitches that long he may also take the #1 spot for strikeouts from Maddux as well. Figuring I thought those marks would last a bit longer than they did, I'm a bit jaded by seeing someone that close, but like I said, I'm a dork for the virtual accomplishments, so if he's willing to stick around long enough, go for it Andy!!!
smoldering

Re: Andy Morey

Post by smoldering »

Wow! Didn't realize how high his totals had gotten. He'll likely need another 2 years to get there on wins, but certainly a possibility.
smoldering

Re: Andy Morey

Post by smoldering »

After a disappointing season, Morey retired 8 victories shy of reaching 300 (14 victories behind Maddux) and 198 K's short of Maddux, so his records are safe for a good while longer. Morey might've been the key player in my 6 year playoff run with 4 WS titles. His fate seemed to mirror the fate of my team as he was injured for the World Series the year I lost to Atlanta, and last year he wasn't good enough to crack the playoff rotation (and in fact was the losing pitcher in game 7 of the ALCS, giving up 2 runs in relief). Maybe we'll hire him as a pitching coach this year to keep his good mojo on our team!

Return to “Dale Murphy League”