Santa ABE is coming to town

Discussions for the Dale Murphy League.

Moderator: historymann49

historymann49

Santa ABE is coming to town

Post by historymann49 »

Wow! Fifteen games and only five injuries. We must be on Santa’s “Good” list. Anyone else this well-favored?
Beanballs

Re: Santa ABE is coming to town

Post by Beanballs »

That is a brutal pace! Santa ABE must like hanging out in Brooklyn...
The Land of Pleasant Living
historymann49

Post by historymann49 »

It’s six now. Five on the DL at once. I’ve never seen that on any of my teams.
historymann49

Post by historymann49 »

Eight injuries in 23 games! Seven on the DL! I'm sorry, this is way beyond random chance.
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

I think I have seen 7 to 8 at a time, including almost all of a rotation, it stinks when ABE does it to you and especially the youngsters. ABE has a cruel sense of humor sometimes too.

This is a max injury league (we have the max development and higher quality waiver wire), a couple of things to consider here:

1) Make sure you pitchers do not pitch in more three or more consecutive games, this drives up injury rates dramatically
2) Keep starters under 200 innings and relievers under 100 innings when they are under age 28. If they exceed that they get dinged 5 points on their health score and will not get that back.
3) In this league the health score is important when drafting (I will not say how important, but it matters here). In dynasty it really doesn't matter that much for pitchers and it decides how often position players play/get injured, but here it is pretty important.
4) If players are in the minors they cannot get hurt (or cannot get improves), so do not promote a young player until you need them (or it is strategically beneficial). If they get hurt in the bigs it will impact development (makes this league more realistic in my opinion).
5) The injuries here are bad (especially in the max injury leagues like this), but they still are less than half of MLB, and there are not the Tommy John type of injuries. This league prevent people from having relievers pitch 200+ innings year after year and having starters go 300 innings, you have to be strategic in usage/development here.

I know it stinks when it happens to you but here are a few things that will help with injuries (here they are not avoidable), just stay the course and laugh when it happens to the rest of us....
The Land of Pleasant Living
historymann49

Post by historymann49 »

Thanks. I feel much better now. :roll: I guess ABE was kind to me last season with few injuries only to catch me unawares this season.

Return to “Dale Murphy League”