No votes
I am not interested in participating in a merge
No votes

Total votes: 20

Admin
Site Admin

Merger Information

Post by Admin »

First off, please welcome Chicago (Roaddog), migrated from the VBL.

My plan is to merge this league with the Reggie Smith League. However, there are some rule differences.

Both leagues are 3 games per day, and the same monthly cost.

The RSL uses numbers display, has a populate date of 8/15, is using injury system 2 and minors system 5.
The DML is letter grades, 9/1 draft populate, injury system 4, minors system 3, and variable development.

A poll is attached to this message to figure out the rules to go forward with; comments on this thread are welcome too.

Procedure

The new system is a migration, as opposed to a merge, and can be completed in minutes rather than hours. One league is the host league (in this case, the DML), and the active teams from the RSL are copied here. When looking at a player card for a migrated player, it will show stats for both leagues for batting, pitching and improvements (but not splits), and have a link to the original player card; since Chicago has been through this process, you can browse his roster to see it in action. Both leagues Hall of Fame will be visible.

The plus sides of the new method are:
- Much faster to implement
- More seamless for both leagues
- A complete new league starting from scratch doesn't need to be created

The minus side:
- In the old system I had more control over which cites a team ends up in. THe new system will preserve your city if it can and pick a random city if it can't
- The waiver wire is not migrated

Please take a moment to vote in the poll, and/or comment here. Thank you!

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
2Below

Re: Merger Information

Post by 2Below »

I will take down my for sale sign, and re-up my subscription if we keep minor league 3.
That was the only reason I joined the league.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

2Below wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:53 pm I will take down my for sale sign, and re-up my subscription if we keep minor league 3.
That was the only reason I joined the league.
That's exactly the kind of information I am looking for. Thank you!

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I didn't put "is important to me" for default settings but I probably should have. Specifically, whether letter grades are important to you (note that if the league goes to numbers, you can still set letter grades for yourself.)

Chris
2Below

Post by 2Below »

Good morning!!

So?? Is this happening or what is going on??
Are we paused for the virus??
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I think we've gotten responses from most everyone in both leagues so tomorrow (well, today at this point) I'm going to get the actual migration done. I've been writing football code for the last 15 hours so I can't see straight right now.

Chris
Roaddog

Post by Roaddog »

Thanks Chris. alecansky74 from the VBL now says he wants in on the merger if you need or want more teams.

Return to “Dale Murphy League”