Good luck

Discussions for the Dale Murphy League.

Moderator: historymann49

vinnydvinny

Good luck

Post by vinnydvinny »

Congrats to Minnesota for clinching a playoff spot on the last day and congrats to all of the other playoff teams. Good luck to all.
smoldering

Re: Good luck

Post by smoldering »

Thanks vinnydvinny, it was a super tight race all year long. Felt like I spent a little more time chasing you than the other way around. Just happened to get lucky that the season ended with me up a game. Heck of run you've had the last 3 years, those championship banners will fly forever.
smoldering

Post by smoldering »

Also, tip of the cap to MNRebel for a hard fought ALCS. Your boys owned me all year, winning 75% of our matchups, but ABE busted out the postseason silliness and gave me wins in 3 out of 4 matchups versus the Cy Young winner and runner-up. What a crazy game 6 that was: 13 inning slugfest that I somehow managed to sneak out with a win (TEX with 16 runners LOB!).
shiftyrichard

Post by shiftyrichard »

Intensity look like a scary team for a lot of years to come. Not a bad year for the Ropers, who if I recall, were going to tear it all down???
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

Congrats to Minnesota and Smoldering!!! And congrat to the other playoff teams, great races and playoffs in both league this year, good luck to all in the offseason
The Land of Pleasant Living
smoldering

Post by smoldering »

Thanks Beanballs and shifty! Been quite a whirlwind finish going from being 1 game back with 2 games left to play in the season to winning the world series. Not sure how I managed a sweep of your boys slowjoe because you've put together a really strong team over there. Best of luck to all next season!
vinnydvinny

Post by vinnydvinny »

Congrats to Minnesota. looks like your team got hot at the right time of year. Good luck to all in the new season.
MNRebel

Post by MNRebel »

Congrats Minnesota...great job on your rebuild! I hope the Ropers get one more shot. Or should I tear it down...again!
smoldering

Post by smoldering »

Thanks again Vinny and MNRebel. It would sure be a different AL landscape without the Ropers in contention. I joined the league in 2022 and in my 13 seasons here, you've missed the playoffs only twice. That's one heck of a run! If I were you, I'd announce a rebuild again and plan on contending. :lol:

Return to “Dale Murphy League”