Waiver wire

Discussions for the Cy Young League.
rodrayha

Waiver wire

Post by rodrayha »

How does the waiver wire work? I thought the worst record was able to get the player of their choice and then it went to the next team and so on. I had claims on both Suzuki and Moore and San Fran got both of them. I would have been OK if another team had gotten one, but I don't know how SF got both players . If anyone can shed some light I would appreciate it.
STEROIDS_R_US

Re: Waiver wire

Post by STEROIDS_R_US »

I may be wrong but I believe the waiver wire at the beginning of the season is based on how the teams finished the previous year then beginning on the 16th game it reverts back to whoever is lower in the standings gets the players.
rodrayha

Post by rodrayha »

Yes, but I still don't understand how he got both players when I had claims on those same 2 players? I could see him getting one and another team getting the other, but it should have given him one and if no one else had a claim, then I should have gotten the second player.
STEROIDS_R_US

Post by STEROIDS_R_US »

I don't think that is how it works. If the lowest ranked team puts a bid in on say 5 players the lowest team will get all 5 players no matter how many others put a claim in on them. For some reason the waiver wire team rankings do not change like they should. It should go by rounds where the lowest ranked team gets their pick first then the lowest team should then have to go to the end of the line to pick their next player (rotating picks) and wait for others to pick but Sim D doesn't do it that way. Lowest gets all the players they put a claim in on.
rodrayha

Post by rodrayha »

Thanks

Return to “Cy Young League”