Merger possibilities

Discussions for the Cy Young League.
Admin
Site Admin

Merger possibilities

Post by Admin »

The CYL has five active owners. Normally we shut down leagues in this state but you five are particularly competitive and no doubt don't want to lose your teams.

There are two leagues that are reasonable matches:

- The Tommy John League, which needs five owners but uses System 5 minors
- The Ramirez Berra League which needs eight owners and only plays 12 games a day, but it's the only other fast System 3 league pending a merge.

We do have a system 4 league (which is similar to System 3), the Dave Winfield League, but it runs 18 games per day rather than 15.

Please let me know if you are interested in merging or prefer to just let the league shut down after this season. If we take this option, I will give the five remaining players a $15 credit to purchase a team in another league.

If you do want to merge, please let me know, basically, how important System 3 is to you so I know whether to approach the TJL or RBL.

Thank you!

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Ty031699

Re: Merger possibilities

Post by Ty031699 »

If the remaining five active owners are interested in joining the Ramirez Berra League or the Dave Winfield League, I would be interested in purchasing the Seattle franchise that I'm currently chaperoning.
rodrayha

Post by rodrayha »

I have no problem merging
mjlee555

Post by mjlee555 »

I would have no problem merging and will adjust to whatever is decided.
STEROIDS_R_US

Post by STEROIDS_R_US »

Merging for me makes no sense as my team is about to start a Rebuild so why would I want to keep the same team. I would rather take the $15 credit and pick my own league to join or possibly join the Dave Winfield league that is similar to system 3 with 18 games per day.
STEROIDS_R_US

Post by STEROIDS_R_US »

exactly how would a merge work with traded draft picks ? I imagine we lose them which kills any possibility of a rebuild. A team rebuilding would lose any future draft picks in this league and have to start over from scratch in the new league. Will our league history be included in the merged league under a tab on the standings page ?
STEROIDS_R_US

Post by STEROIDS_R_US »

So since ADMIN said they are closing this league at the end of this season no matter what there is no point in any team doing any trades to attempt a rebuild for future draft picks unless it is strictly for younger players that we may use in the merged league as future draft picks will be useless.
We all have 2 choices get the $15 credit for a new league of our choice or merge with one of the 3 leagues but in order to do a merge we would all have to agree on one of the three offered.
I vote for Dave Winfield league otherwise the $15 credit.
STEROIDS_R_US

Post by STEROIDS_R_US »

Now that league is over for all but 4 teams its a question of when do we get our $15 credit so we can go to another league.
XSwabbie

Post by XSwabbie »

Winfield or Berra
Thanks,
Allen, aka xswabbie
XSwabbie

Post by XSwabbie »

I'm also ok with the credit
Thanks,
Allen, aka xswabbie