Detroit Rebuild

Discussions for the Vin Scully League.

Moderators: WillyD, alecansky74

Hamilton2

Detroit Rebuild

Post by Hamilton2 »

I have held on for as long as I can with this group and I don't expect anyone age 34+ to have much trade value. I do have a lot of pieces a bit younger that I would like to trade.

SP Fred Augustine - he is B+/A+ at OS 33. He has a career ERA of 2.76 and he's a legit stud. I would love to get 3 pieces for him, but if the best offer I got was a really strong 2 piece offer I would move him.

RP Bob Amelung - at OS 34 he has 1 year pre-decline. He actually gained a control improve this past OS. I think he was our team MVP last season. He pitched 60 innings for us with a 2.24 ERA in the regular season, but the postseason is really what we acquired him for. He went 3-0 in 10 appearances in the playoffs in 1991. He allowed only 2 earned runs in 23 innings for us while posting 18 K's and 3 BB's through our title run. He's the real deal. I would like to get 2 pieces for him.

C Rodney Holmes - At OS 29, Holmes is a fascinating case to me. I think he has underperformed his ratings thus far in his career and would love to get 3 pieces for him.

SS John Saunders - he is OS 34 and is an MVP-caliber player. I would trade him for 2 pieces or for 1 absolute can't miss stud piece.

OF Bill Geier - you get more time with Bill, he is only OS 30. He's been quite useful for me in his career and has 3 all-star appearances. He has also led the league in RBI's once and in doubles once. There is certainly potential here. I would like 2-3 pieces for Bill.

The rest of the squad is aging and/or of questionable value. I would entertain offers for everyone but I'm not going to just give players away either. Thanks all!
Hamilton2

Re: Detroit Rebuild

Post by Hamilton2 »

I renewed today so I can receive draft picks for future seasons. C'mon folks, these players can make a difference for your squad.

Return to “Vin Scully League”