Incredible League Championship Round!!!

Discussions for the Vin Scully League.

Moderators: WillyD, alecansky74

DiamondCutters

Incredible League Championship Round!!!

Post by DiamondCutters »

Two amazing matchups. Brutal losses for Boston and Miami, who will definitely be back in contention next year. Two powerhouses in Washington and St. Louis will now vie for the title. Good luck to you both!

P.S. Why would you ever want to leave this league? For those of you who are undecided, I hope you all stay. We've got a great group here.

DC
MDorf

Re: Incredible League Championship Round!!!

Post by MDorf »

DiamondCutters wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:46 pm

P.S. Why would you ever want to leave this league? For those of you who are undecided, I hope you all stay. We've got a great group here.

DC
I agree. This is my favorite league. It is so competitive, which can't be said about most leagues.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

MDorf wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:01 pm
DiamondCutters wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:46 pm

DC
It is so competitive, which can't be said about most leagues.
I don't know for sure, but that may be a reason for some not to stay.
mr1313

Post by mr1313 »

I only play in leagues with high level competition and this one and the JBL are two of the best (I'm sure there are a few others) but like Willy says I know many good owners have left the JBL in the past because they couldn't come into the league an dominant like they did their past leagues and they get frustrated, so many won't stay in a league they have no shot at winning. I do think the divisions could be more evenly balanced imo the AL has been a cake walk for sometime.

I'm on the fence for a few reasons first I don't care for the development of players in these high injury leagues, trading can be a challenge here not that you can't get deals done but you have to work for them they take a time and creativity commitment, lastly I'm not sure if the league is going to get enough owners and it could at least take some time to fill (there are two openings, 4 undecided and 1 unknown) and then we have to wait for the expansion. I'm truly on the fence maybe a few cocktails this weekend will make up my mind.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Does anyone know what's up with BK? He seems to check in most days, but his roster seems untouched. Is he going to re-new? Alecansky, can you send him a message and find out? If he's doesn't update his intentions by the start of the next season, we need to list the OAK franchise for sale.

Also, do we need to nominate a new co-commish from the AL?
DiamondCutters

Post by DiamondCutters »

I think I speak for the league when I say we'd love to have you back 1313. This league has a great reputation.

"Oh, people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come."
Easytarget12

Post by Easytarget12 »

If you want to simulate your way to 10 straight championships, that's what out of the park baseball is for. Losing that NLCS by having my best player blow a 3 run save, while absolutely devastating, gives Miami as a franchise such a fun/real narrative. Ten years of expansion related toil an suck finally turn into a 112 win squad, we sweep the first round, fans probably getting cocky, taking St Louis to 7... welcome to baseball, Mami fans. It's better to get your heart stomped on before you win, that way you appreciate it.

Return to “Vin Scully League”