Moderators: WillyD, alecansky74

edward5189

does anyone want to win the Al West

Post by edward5189 »

4 teams tied for first with losing records good grief
WillyD

Re: does anyone want to win the Al West

Post by WillyD »

It's ugly. I never understood why all the AL West teams sold off, or wanted to sell of in season 1. Especially after OAK sold off, there were opportunities for a couple other teams to pick up a few pieces and make a run at a title.
mr1313

Post by mr1313 »

I have bench players and 2 A- players in my minors I would entertain trading that could help.
BKCUBS13

Post by BKCUBS13 »

WillyD wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:23 am It's ugly. I never understood why all the AL West teams sold off, or wanted to sell of in season 1. Especially after OAK sold off, there were opportunities for a couple other teams to pick up a few pieces and make a run at a title.
If I had known that would have happened I would have held off for a few more years!
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

Detroit is willing to make a run at this thing, but I'm probably a few years away yet, even after my trade today to improve the pitching staff.
spiderrtp

Post by spiderrtp »

Much like Detroit, I thought Anaheim was another year or so away but with staying in, I started looking around for things to acquire... and my team promptly started losing almost every game for 2 real life days... so now I'm pretty much out of it...

As for when I took over the team... I had only 2 or so real assets with the team that I chose to take over... so I knew and accepted that I was starting from scratch with a decent nest in the minors already.
spiderrtp

Post by spiderrtp »

My how the situation has reversed itself... other than TB, no one seems to be able to compete in the East... the 6th place team in the West would be 4 games up on the 2nd place team in the East...

More proof that this thing is cyclical... lol

Return to “Vin Scully League”