So I just had 4 of my Starting pitchers go down in the course of 6 games....

Discussions for the Vin Scully League.

Moderators: WillyD, alecansky74

DiamondCutters

Re: So I just had 4 of my Starting pitchers go down in the course of 6 games....

Post by DiamondCutters »

It is starting to get stupid. My catcher with C health going down twice with injuries of 39 and 31 days, ok C health, understandable. But I also have a B+ health RP who has gone down twice now with injuries of 33 and 21 days. My A- health 3B with a 36 day injury. My 4th OF with A health has missed a month each of the past two seasons. So my question is, what is the point of a health rating if they're just as likely to get injured? There's a fine line between building enough depth to compete and just being obliterated by a rash of injuries.
WillyD

Re: So I just had 4 of my Starting pitchers go down in the course of 6 games....

Post by WillyD »

Everyone needs to look at the other team's rosters. Everyone is getting crushed. I have 5 hitters and 1 pitcher out. Just got another pitcher back. Minnesota lost his best hitter to go with 3 pitchers on the DL. Of the AL playoff contenders, only Anaheim is OK at the moment with 1 player on the DL but ready to return.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

I got one hitter back, and then lost 2 more players...
Jamison86

Post by Jamison86 »

It definitely stings a little less knowing that everyone else is dealing with it
Jamison86

Post by Jamison86 »

I have three guys coming back either right before the first round of the playoffs or a game into it I just hope my health withstands today so I’ll actually be the healthiest I’ve been heading into that.
MDorf

Post by MDorf »

I hate to even post this since I am currently injury free, but I had 3 A overall starters, 1 reliever, and 2 hitters from my starting lineup (1 of them A overall) all injured at the same time earlier this year. I lost over 350 days to injuries this year, and I haven't had a single injury since 8/17. I must be strange, because I like it. That being said, I won't like it if I start losing guys here in the playoffs.
Jamison86

Post by Jamison86 »

Good luck sir nice to see after a season of ravaged injuries we get to meet healthy.
MDorf

Post by MDorf »

Jamison86 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:23 am Good luck sir nice to see after a season of ravaged injuries we get to meet healthy.
It is actually pretty crazy how healthy we are right now. Good luck, and hopefully we can both remain healthy throughout the series.
Jamison86

Post by Jamison86 »

Lost my first real good hitter crushes LHP but have a serviceable reserve long as no one else goes should be ok

Return to “Vin Scully League”