Crazy start

Discussions for the Vin Scully League.

Moderators: WillyD, alecansky74

Johngarm70u

Crazy start

Post by Johngarm70u »

1-41 That has to be the worse record to start the season I have ever seen.
DiamondCutters

Re: Crazy start

Post by DiamondCutters »

A 33 game L streak is incredible!
MonkeyMook

Post by MonkeyMook »

What are the odds of that?
Jamison86

Post by Jamison86 »

That’s insane put a high school pitching staff in it appears is how haha. I’ve actually never seen anything close to that record ever amazing.
Dormie2

Post by Dormie2 »

Oh the shame and embarrassment--we just lost to the team with the 36 game losing streak.

All Honey Badgers are for sale.
swope81

Post by swope81 »

Dormie2 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:25 pm Oh the shame and embarrassment--we just lost to the team with the 36 game losing streak.

All Honey Badgers are for sale.

LOL
MDorf

Post by MDorf »

On pace for a 6-156 record, which would be awesome.
mr1313

Post by mr1313 »

MDorf wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:26 am On pace for a 6-156 record, which would be awesome.
Even some of the greats can't out tank that and I have seen many great tankers here in SD. Honestly I can't see that record happening by just luck you would think LA can win 10 games the rest of the way.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

One thing to keep in mind is that in system 3 and 4 minors, tanking is not technically allowed. No one says you have to try to win, but if there are much better options on the waiter wire, and the potential players to be replaced don't have any real chance at becoming major league caliber, then you're in danger of crossing that line.

I don't see any C+ or lower players, so that's good. However, I see some borderline pitchers in the majors. To be fair, MonkeyMook does have a full minor league system with solid prospects, so those borderline guys need to be in the majors if he thinks they can turn into something useful one day. He did sell off most of his major league talent, and plays in a very strong NL West with 4 playoff contenders, so his record will be awful this season. He's only played HOU 3 times so far, so he should pick up a few wins, and then some more vs MON.
mr1313

Post by mr1313 »

WillyD wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:18 am One thing to keep in mind is that in system 3 and 4 minors, tanking is not technically allowed. No one says you have to try to win, but if there are much better options on the waiter wire, and the potential players to be replaced don't have any real chance at becoming major league caliber, then you're in danger of crossing that line.

I don't see any C+ or lower players, so that's good. However, I see some borderline pitchers in the majors. To be fair, MonkeyMook does have a full minor league system with solid prospects, so those borderline guys need to be in the majors if he thinks they can turn into something useful one day. He did sell off most of his major league talent, and plays in a very strong NL West with 4 playoff contenders, so his record will be awful this season. He's only played HOU 3 times so far, so he should pick up a few wins, and then some more vs MON.
Don't take the fun out of this commish. Records like this are legendary in SD it could be told for generations to come.

Return to “Vin Scully League”