Draft backed out, will run Friday

Discussions for the Vin Scully League.

Moderators: WillyD, alecansky74

Admin
Site Admin

Draft backed out, will run Friday

Post by Admin »

The glitch I fixed earlier may have been preventing the new owners from ranking the draft. I have backed the draft out; it will run Friday.

New teams, please rank your drafts!

Old teams: During my fixes I misidentified 37 players as part of the expansion draft when they were not. They were accidentally seized from your teams. I have restored them; however, they will be in your minors now. Please take a moment and check your rosters.

All teams: Please do not make any waiver wire claims after the draft until I have a chance to check it and make sure all went well.

Thank you all again for your patience and support!

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
FrosteeTBear

Re: Draft backed out, will run Friday

Post by FrosteeTBear »

Thanks Chris.............I now can see and rank the players in expansion draft--
the only problem is there are no players younger than 26--and only 120 players
up for grabs............I would assume there would be young players that the teams had,
but I do not see any????????
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Each team likely had 40 players (25 major/15 minor) so 120 sounds right. Any additional players would have been from the waiver wire, so even if they are missing it's not likely a huge deal But that doesn't mean I haven't made a mistake, clearly I have made plenty already. I was trying to get the draft selection back up as soon as possible. But I will check it all again.
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Ugh. I think I was right the first time, those 36 players should have been part of the draft. I am going to look at each one. But once I reinsert them any ranking you have done would need to be redone.

I am so sorry about all the changes. Nothing like this issue has ever happened before so I am making up all the repairs as I go along.

Sit tight, I will post again when I think I have it straightened out.

Chris
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

(deep breath)

OK, here we go. All players that were on the three departing teams plus the entire waiver wire (not counting current waivers) are in the expansion list. This guarantees that all the players that should be in the draft are plus the wire, which will be at the bottom of most lists anyway. After the draft, undrafted players will return to the waiver wire. The phantom players should be gone now.

Now while you are all ranking those, I have to figure out how we ended up with three Chicagos and who I have to bump. (the incoming Chicago, I am guessing).

I apologize again. I am tired, y'all. I worked on the site through the evening til 7AM and again when I woke up at 10am. I'm starting to see the numbers in this database sideways.

Chris
broady

Post by broady »

No stress here. We start when all is good. Appreciate all ur work
DiamondCutters

Post by DiamondCutters »

Absolutely Chris, take your time. Appreciate all your hard work!
alecansky74

Post by alecansky74 »

Thank you for all the help Chris. We appreciate it.

Alec
JoeBoca

Post by JoeBoca »

It looks like I got bumped. What is my status with the league if this is the case?

Joe
FrosteeTBear

Post by FrosteeTBear »

Thanks Chris--sorry it happened--thought maybe ABE usually handled expansions...........

Return to “Vin Scully League”