Never say Never

Discussions for the Vin Scully League.

Moderators: WillyD, alecansky74

Dormie2

Never say Never

Post by Dormie2 »

I just noticed the nice close by San Fran. Entering the final sim day (9 games) they trailed Brooklyn by 5 games.

Brooklyn started the day by going 2-4. San Fran went 6-0 to close to within 1 game. However, it still looked bleak for San Fran since Brooklyn was playing Philly and they were in a battle for the #1 overall pick.

San Fran won out and Philly beat Brooklyn in games 161 and 162 to send San Fran to the play-offs (and knock Philly out of the #1 pick).

Well done by both Philly and San Francisco.
forbidden

Re: Never say Never

Post by forbidden »

I didn't think it would be possible i was staying on top of it. Especially with #1 starting pitcher out.

Unfortunately he was unavailable in playoffs as well
broady

Post by broady »

Philly saved our best for last... plus our scouts had no idea who to take first so it was best to let some other team do it..
jvo1

Post by jvo1 »

Boo! Epic collapse
Dormie2

Post by Dormie2 »

broady wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 7:09 am Philly saved our best for last... plus our scouts had no idea who to take first so it was best to let some other team do it..
It probably was easier to play winning baseball knowing that winning might not change who you get with your pick--and your scouting staff is probably a still a little shell shocked from last year's pick...

I'll trade you my 3rd over all pick for your 2nd if that helps...
broady

Post by broady »

Hehe sorry jvo1 it was nothing sinister.

Dormie I'll trade my this years first rounder? :D

Return to “Vin Scully League”