Expansion Draft

Discussions for the Vin Scully League.

Moderators: WillyD, alecansky74

swope81

Expansion Draft

Post by swope81 »

Anyone else unable to set their preferences or pre-rank the draft? It's not allowing me to.

I really don't want the draft to run without me being able to set this stuff up.
swope81

Re: Expansion Draft

Post by swope81 »

It looks like the Expansion Teams haven't been moved into place. This is why there is no expansion draft pool.

Is there one more season left before we takeover?
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

If you look at the League Info page, the Expansion Teams are still listed at the bottom so I don't believe they are in place yet. I think BKCubs13 said that will happen around noon today..?

Sorry it was 2pm ... but supposed to happen YESTERDAY. So maybe everything is delayed a day?
Today at 2pm ET the expansion teams should be moved in and the calendar year will be 3/26

Tomorrow(Saturday) at 2pm ET the expansion draft will run.

Sunday at 12:08 pm ET the Amateur Draft will run.

Monday the new season with games will begin.
swope81

Post by swope81 »

Ok, I'm hoping then that the draft will run tomorrow.

Not much of a window to rank things.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

I'm betting it's delayed a day. Expansion Teams move in today.

Expansion draft tomorrow.

Amateur draft Monday.

New season Tuesday.

But don't bet the chicken farm on it.

I've been wrong puh-lenty o'times before.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Don't forget that this might be the first expansion draft ever in a 24 team league. Could be some glitches...
BKCUBS13

Post by BKCUBS13 »

Yea, I am a little perplexed. From reading the rules, you can find them in Hammy's post. The expansion teams should have been moved in yesterday when the calendar year turned 3/26 and then the expansion draft should have gone through the following day(today).

Let's just wait until 2pm ET. if the expansion teams move in then, we know the draft will happen tomorrow and everything will be pushed until tomorrow. If anything crazy happens, like the expansion draft runs before teams can make their order, I will of course contact Admin(prob through FB b/c it's the fastest) to fix the issue.

I have already sent Chris a message this morning marked urgent to explain to us the schedule as well.

Sorry guys for the confusion, this is my first time being a commish as well as my first time being one during an expansion draft, so I've been figuring all of this out for the first time as well.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Everything hinges on the exact time the last team filled. Expansion teams should move in today at the time of the draft. If they don't, something is probably wrong.

After the draft, the the league date will remain 03/26. The Amateur Draft will run at the next time slot after that (for most leagues, this will be the next day). If a league has a pause day, that would be in effect after the Amateur Draft. The new season then starts the following day.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
MonkeyMook

Post by MonkeyMook »

All four are in place! We are moving forward!!!
LannisG

Post by LannisG »

Not sure what happened with swope. But alot of his players got automatically waived.

Return to “Vin Scully League”