First Time happening

Discussions for the Vin Scully League.

Moderators: WillyD, alecansky74

spiderrtp

First Time happening

Post by spiderrtp »

So ties normally are handled by giving points for both positions, and dividing by 2... this season, we had 2 ties that both led to playoff positions... so that leaves 2 options...

Do I put them in as normal. (Boston and Washington tied for 5th, so it would be 5th place points + 6th place points, divided by 2) (same scenario in the NL only for 4th instead of 5th).

Or do we let the play-in game count to separate the teams (Boston beat Washington so they get full 5th place points and Washington gets 6th place points) (etc for the NL)
WillyD

Re: First Time happening

Post by WillyD »

Technically the play-in game is considered a regular season game, and is included in the final standings.
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

In my draft lottery we use play in games to differentiate between playoff and non playoff teams. It counts in the standings and stats as regular season game 163.
Dormie2

Post by Dormie2 »

Play-in games are regular season games, so I would count them...
MonkeyMook

Post by MonkeyMook »

WillyD wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:55 am Technically the play-in game is considered a regular season game, and is included in the final standings.
Interestingly... tying for the last playoff spot, and needing to play the “play in” game counts as a playoff appearance on the Owner Card. I checked this by looking at LA’s owner card. In 1980 it says I made the playoffs. I was beaten by Brooklyn (damn Brooklyn) in the “play in” game.

I gotta say that in this league getting to the post season is an accomplishment. I think of the “play in” round as the playoffs. Any post season = playoffs.
BKCUBS13

Post by BKCUBS13 »

I agree, it is game 163 so its should be considered a regular season game.
jvo1

Post by jvo1 »

MonkeyMook wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:30 pm I was beaten by Brooklyn (damn Brooklyn) in the “play in” game.
Good news--you shouldn't have to worry about me for quite some time ...

Return to “Vin Scully League”