Earth to AL East

Discussions for the Vin Scully League.

Moderators: WillyD, alecansky74

WillyD

Earth to AL East

Post by WillyD »

What's going on in this division? Only 3 teams have ever made the post-season from this division, and 2 of those teams have been in the playoffs for 13 straight seasons.

Is anyone else playing in this division??? Sometimes I feel like I'm in a Beta league with a bunch of bots. If anyone wants to make the playoffs, all you have to do is give up a few picks and/or prospects and you're in! Both WAS and BOS have been trying to sell off for over a season, and many other teams are selling players too. I mean how are those picks working out for you anyways? They're obviously not translating into wins, so maybe it's time to trade a few for proven players. If you make the playoff push, those picks aren't going to be that great anyways. Man, I look at some these rosters, and can't for the life me understand why some of these players are starting in a system 3 league, let alone even on a major league roster.
spiderrtp

Re: Earth to AL East

Post by spiderrtp »

Since 1975 there were only 5 teams in the AL to make the playoffs... until Detroit got in this last season.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

spiderrtp wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:59 am Since 1975 there were only 5 teams in the AL to make the playoffs... until Detroit got in this last season.
Maybe I should change the thread topic to just "Earth to the AL" :lol:
forbidden

Post by forbidden »

Come join the NL West where 120 wins can't even win the division some seasons... It's one tough division.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

forbidden wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:12 pm Come join the NL West where 120 wins can't even win the division some seasons... It's one tough division.
The AL East was like that back in the first few seasons. After Tampa sold off, no one has stepped up.

Return to “Vin Scully League”