The playoffs are fun

Discussions for the Vin Scully League.

Moderators: WillyD, alecansky74

Hamilton2

The playoffs are fun

Post by Hamilton2 »

Congrats to Oakland (bkcubs) on a fantastic season and a very nice 7-game series win against us today. Game 1, on the road, against your best pitcher, we took a 2-0 lead in extra innings and I allowed myself to hope that we could win. 3 bullpen runs allowed later, we were down 1-0 in the series. It proved to be the difference. We dropped another 1 run game in game 2, then swept you in Detroit, before you closed us out convincingly in games 6 and 7. Nothing like losing a 7 game series in the 1st game!

Best of luck to the rest of you teams in this thing. Hope it is that entertaining the rest of the way!
MDorf

Re: The playoffs are fun

Post by MDorf »

The Mob did not enjoy blowing a 3-0 lead, but congrats Arizona. I should know better than to ever feel comfortable in this game.
Hagman9

Post by Hagman9 »

Yes, I had all but written off the team down 0-3. Pretty rare to win 4 straight at that point. :shock:
spiderrtp

Post by spiderrtp »

I had another rough playoff experience in the VSL too... After a 6-6 split this season with Washington, i got demolished pretty quickly once the playoffs started. The most surprising to me was that Andy Hernandez after not going less that 6.2 innings or giving up more than 5 runs all season, including a great start against Washington just before the end of the season, has a 2.2 inning 6 run game in the playoffs... Anything can happen in the playoffs though! Good luck to Washington today as they take on Oakland!
BKCUBS13

Post by BKCUBS13 »

I'm about to get my butt kicked in the WS
MDorf

Post by MDorf »

It is official. ABE hates me. 2 days later I blew another 3-0 lead in the NGL.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

MDorf wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:35 pm It is official. ABE hates me. 2 days later I blew another 3-0 lead in the NGL.
Ouch. 2 times in a 3 day span?. Well, unlike Bundy, there could be something to this. :lol:

Return to “Vin Scully League”