Burn Burned

Discussions for the Vin Scully League.

Moderators: WillyD, alecansky74

ballmark

Burn Burned

Post by ballmark »

Who was recently talking about injuries...?

ABE seems hell-bent on destroying my pitching staff this season. That's 70% of the gas gauge, kids.
VSL_DL.jpg
VSL_DL.jpg (57.28 KiB) Viewed 2554 times
swope81

Re: Burn Burned

Post by swope81 »

Damn.
BKCUBS13

Post by BKCUBS13 »

ABE can definitely be a b*tch some times :lol: :lol:
mr1313

Post by mr1313 »

I have had a 174 now 207 by 5/22 injury days so far all to my pitching. Completely out of hand. I get the injury system is in place because the improvement system is maxed out but I still don't see a lot of great players in this league as there are in the normal injury/improve systems sure there are more decent players but I think the injury system is a little too severe and it really hinders development in the majors. You have to leave players in the minors to develop in fear a young prospect will get hurt in the majors.
Last edited by mr1313 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BKCUBS13

Post by BKCUBS13 »

Last season around this date I had about 100 injury dates, not a bad number but it was only towards core players(SPs and starting hitters). At the end of the season I had 448 injury dates, not the most in the league history but most for me. I was pulling players from the waiver wire left and right, I generally leave my minors alone because I do not want to disrupt the development of the prospects. Interestingly though I finished tied for best record in the AL, was top 5 in most stats in the league in hitting and pitching, and won a WS.

None of this makes sense, but that's kind of why I like it. It's unpredictable.
jzirker

Post by jzirker »

Holy cow that's brutal
Dormie2

Post by Dormie2 »

I had 7 pitchers and 2 hitters hurt as well.

We are healing, though--down to 5/2.

Apparently whisky, wine, and women is not the ideal off-season work out plan...
Dormie2

Post by Dormie2 »

After a few more injuries the Honey Badgers are now up to 328 days so far this season.

The worst part is that while StL has a pretty deep bench only 78 of those injury days have been to hitters--250 injury days to pitchers is going to leave a mark...
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

TB has had 306 days, and only 13 injuries this year ... but 9 were to pitchers (8 separate hurlers) and of the four remaining injuries, three were to just one hitter, with admittedly poor (D+) Health.

Given some of the tales of woe below (or above, depending on how you've set up your forum), guess I shouldn't complain :arrow: except we did fall back in the division during this scrambling for arms period. This league does truly test the depth of your bench and your managerial resources.

I like it.

Return to “Vin Scully League”