Honors voting and Ed Seyfried

Discussions for the Cool Papa Bell League.

Moderator: 2ndCos

jjensen92

Honors voting and Ed Seyfried

Post by jjensen92 »

Can anyone explain the Honors voting and how it works? I have no idea, but Ed Seyfried may be proving that it is flawed.

As I am writing this he is Currently 2nd in MVP voting. Now for the strange part. First, despite being second in MVP voting he is only 3rd in ROY voting. It gets even more strange when you look at the two guys ahead of him in the ROY voting neither of whom appear on the MVP list. It does not end there. Ed is not currently being picked as an all star. Once again the two catchers ahead of him do not appear in the MVP vote.

In my opinion he should not even be close to being considered as an MVP contender . I think his position is about right in the ROY vote. I do think he is an all star catcher so far this year.

Conclusion: none of it makes any sense.
Beanballs

Re: Honors voting and Ed Seyfried

Post by Beanballs »

They all have different formulas (ROY is similar to All Star), here is the page where you can see them:

http://rules.simdynasty.com/index.php/S ... _Star_Page

MVP:

The goal of the MVP formula is to select the winner using the same criteria that MLB voters use. To read more about how this formula was created, see the article at http://www.simdynasty.com/mvp.jsp . The formula for MVPs is (Hits * 1.5) + 2B + 3B + (HR * 2.5) + (RBI * 2.5) + BB + (Runs * 2) + SB + Average Bonuses + Team Bonus + League Leader Bonus + Player Bonus + Monster Stat Bonus. Average Bonus is +/-2 points per pct above/below .300 AVG +/-1.25 points per pct above/below .400 OBP +/-1.5 points per pct above/below .475 SLG. For Team Bonus, you get +150 within 5 games of making the playoffs, +60 for 90 Wins, +100 for 100 Wins, and +115 for 115 Wins, if in first place you get games ahead *2, if more than 10 games back of 1st place then games back *-2, +/-20 points for each spot in the standings your team improved/declined verses the previous season. For League Leader Bonus, you get 10 points for leading the league in HR, RBI, or AVG and 5 points for leading the league in SB or Runs. The Player Bonus, you get a Defensive position bonus SS(190), C(185), 2B(130), RF(140), 3B(30), CF(30), if the player is new to the team this season you get +50, if the player previously won the MVP you get -100. The Monster Stat bonus, you get 1 point per HR if you hit 50 or more HRs, .333 per RBI if you get 140 or more RBI, and 1 point per SB if you steal 50 or more bases.

All Star:

For position players, all star votes are calculated using this formula: RBIs + Total Bases + Runs + Walks + SBs - (SO *.25) - (CS * 2) - Errors - (AB / 8)

For pitchers, this formula is used: CG * 5 + Shutouts * 5 + No Hitters * 10 + Wins * 10 - Losses * 5 - Earned Runs * 2 - Hits - Walks + Strikeouts - HBP + IP * 3 + Saves * 5

ROY:

The Rookie of the Year uses the same formulas as All Stars, except with a multiplier used for pitchers since their all star formula results in higher vote totals. Sim Dynasty follows the same criteria as Major League Baseball for determining whether a player is a rookie. A player is no longer a rookie if he has spent 45 days on the active roster, has more than 130 career at bats, or has more than 50 innings pitched.
The Land of Pleasant Living
jjensen92

Post by jjensen92 »

Very interesting info. I am not sure that I totally understand it all but at least explains the odd ball voting. I did not know the MVP voting considered so many factors. That at least explains why Ed started appearing and moved up in the MVP voting as my team continued to play better. Thank you
sirguru75

Post by sirguru75 »

I remember one time in another league. The starting allstar SS was on the first place team and came in 3rd in the MVP balloting. The backup allstar SS was on the 2nd place team and came in 2nd in the MVP balloting. The starting SS on the 3rd place team was the MVP. So... go figure.
jjensen92

Post by jjensen92 »

I should know better by now that you NEVER mention a Player in a post Ed has hardly done anything since I brought up this question. Sorry ABE for breaking the rule
MNRebel

Post by MNRebel »

jjensen92 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:58 am I should know better by now that you NEVER mention a Player in a post Ed has hardly done anything since I brought up this question. Sorry ABE for breaking the rule
No doubt about it...this is rule #1!
2Below

Post by 2Below »

Well using that superstition, let me find the rosters of Balt and Det and see if my group of Slugs can make up some ground...

Boston too...

Let me see...
They're here somewhere...

Return to “Cool Papa Bell League”