Draft order issue

Discussions for the Cool Papa Bell League.

Moderator: 2ndCos

2ndCos

Draft order issue

Post by 2ndCos »

Being Processed since 1 seconds
#8501 Cool Papa Bell League

2ndCos, reported a few seconds ago
Set the draft order off season ran set the draft order at 10 pm pacific. draft ran with wrong draft order please assist us and reset the draft and order so it runs correctly. Thank you, Kevin
paulcaraccio

Re: Draft order issue

Post by paulcaraccio »

thanks Kevin - also tell him to permanently change the draft time to 11:56 or this will keep happening.
jjensen92

Post by jjensen92 »

So when is the draft? I dropped a player from my minor leagues thinking I had drafted another catcher (since it showed I had) and now who knows.
jthurm2

Post by jthurm2 »

jjensen92 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:21 pm So when is the draft? I dropped a player from my minor leagues thinking I had drafted another catcher (since it showed I had) and now who knows.
I would guess draft would run at 8:56. You can always reclaim your catcher.

Curious what draft results will look like now?
MNRebel

Post by MNRebel »

I think our schedule is back on track.

-the off-season runs at 11:57pm the night of the World Series (last night)

-the draft runs the next night (tonight) at 11:56pm

-a scheduled off-day

-new season begins (so on Wednesday)
femgo

Post by femgo »

Alright. Good job getting things back on track.

Just one thing. I thought I had the #8 pick, bacause I Chicago had a better head-to-head record against us last season. Not sure if that is how things works.
paulcaraccio

Post by paulcaraccio »

guide says "ties will be broken by head-to-head record". i would think the team with the better record gets the better draft pick.
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

Thanks Kevin for the excellent work as always!
The Land of Pleasant Living
femgo

Post by femgo »

paulcaraccio wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:46 pm guide says "ties will be broken by head-to-head record". i would think the team with the better record gets the better draft pick.
I always thought it was the other way around, like the team with better head-to-head record finish in the better position and get the worse pick, like when two teams ties at 1st place the team with better head-to-head record finishes in 1st place and gets home field advantage in the LCS, but I'm definitily not sure.

Anyway it wouldn't change any pick I made, so it doesn't matter.
paulcaraccio

Post by paulcaraccio »

didn't matter this time but it will someday, surely already has. i guess it's basically, the winner of the tiebreaker gets the advantage. in the playoffs that's the higher rank and home field, and in the draft it's the lower rank and better pick. in our lottery odds, the team that wins the tiebreaker gets the lower rank and better odds.

i made changes after this season's trial draft. originally i got Dubuc instead of Viola, moved Viola ahead of Dubuc and got him. Was that dirty :?

Return to “Cool Papa Bell League”