Femgo

Discussions for the Cool Papa Bell League.

Moderator: 2ndCos

Michael1

Femgo

Post by Michael1 »

Instead of having every 10 year veteran on the Hall of Fame ballot, and having us wade through flotsam, Can we come up with a basic get on the ballot standard that at least gives us a smaller list but more qualified ballot? My thought but if the league likes your system no worries.
Beanballs

Re: Femgo

Post by Beanballs »

I like the way Femgo does it, I do not think there should be minimum counting numbers, especially with the imports.

It takes me no more than 10 minutes to go through his ballot, compare them to current HOFer's, and look up their place on leaderboards, doing that 6 times a calendar year.

I also like seeing the hometown vote or two, after all we all have pride in our little codebits, nothing wrong with having a few extra guests at the party...
The Land of Pleasant Living
TheBigKahuna0

Post by TheBigKahuna0 »

The list can be long, but it's better to include a guy or two that aren't deserving that leave off a guy or two that would get votes.

I think we have big ballots because we have a great league capable of developing players and maximizing careers. I run the HoF in another league and I have a hard time getting more than 1 or 2 guys that really deserve to be considered. It's always a shorter list, but the quality is not close to this league's HoF
femgo

Post by femgo »

Like Kahuna and Beanball said, I think this is the idea, everyone likes seeing their hometown hero on the ballot, also each owner has his own criteria, some are harder to meet than others, sometimes I think:"no way this guy will get a vote, but I will put him anyway" and in the end someone votes for him. So when in doubt I prefer to put the player in the ballot.

I appreciate the feedback and I'm open to read the opinion of the others owners.

Return to “Cool Papa Bell League”