Joe Oliva

Discussions for the Cool Papa Bell League.

Moderator: 2ndCos

Michael1

Joe Oliva

Post by Michael1 »

I need advice here. Pittslr left this team a s***hole, I think you all would agree there. Oliva is the best pitcher by ranks yet he is not a number 1. I can't send him down, won't do any good, we never have any leads to protect so Mid A or closer would be fruitless. He will lose 20 or more games this year as I have no pitchers near ready for the show. I would entertain trades if I could get something in return but do any of you want him? So what do you do this pitcher?
MNRebel

Re: Joe Oliva

Post by MNRebel »

Sure...I'd take him in trade. Shoot me an offer. When I look at your roster, it says I'm unable to trade with this owner.
femgo

Post by femgo »

MNRebel wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:52 am When I look at your roster, it says I'm unable to trade with this owner.
I'm seeing the same message when I look at your roster Michael.
paulcaraccio

Post by paulcaraccio »

we probably all are. Michael go to Help > Block Trades and make any necessary changes.

You are in a tough situation. At this rate, your team isn't going to win enough games for your young major leaguers to convert nearly enough ICs. Oliva, Spinks, Piccolo, and Bando are really going to suffer. You don't have the CPs available in the minors for them either.

I'm not alone here in the Club For Men With Low Confidence in My WPM Approach (club is in the market for a cooler, acronymable name), but I think what I'd try to do if I was you is package Oliva with Piccolo or something from the minors for a solid age 26-30 bat. That might be difficult, you need to make moves to win games now but so does everyone else, so that deal might not be a realistic possibility. But trading for more minor leaguers or draft picks probably isn't going to solve anything.

I'd hang on to Spinks because he's good enough that he can afford a season of bad development. Even if he never improves another point, tragic as that would be, he's still a major league pitcher.
2ndCos

Post by 2ndCos »

I am interested too
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

It is turned to accept offers. I have one offer on the table I will take offers until Valentines day Morning (Wednesday for you guys in a relationship) :D
After that I will weigh what I have and decide. I am looking for a decent pitcher or Catcher/OF type.

Return to “Cool Papa Bell League”