Hall of Fame 2018

Discussions for the Cool Papa Bell League.

Moderator: 2ndCos

femgo

Re: Hall of Fame 2018

Post by femgo »

paulcaraccio wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:23 pm "This league is the best at having near Hall of Fame careers." - MNRebel

haha, true, why is that, maybe it's cuz it's so competitive here, we're all good at developing average prospects into above average players, so there are a lot of them and it's hard to stand out?

it'd be cool to have an almost-hall, to recognize and remember those guys, and to separate the real legends from the mere greats. and maybe we could have a Hall of Some Random Guys Who Weren't Even That Good and move George/Fabrique/Knowles there.
It would be cool if every team had his on Hall of Fame.
Like you could have the Criminals Hall of Fame and put everyone that had a nice carrer in San Francisco, I could do the same here and we could all post our hall of fame.
Last edited by femgo on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
femgo

Post by femgo »

Hey guys, when I say write in votes are accepted I mean that you can write in a player that just retired and is not on my list, not a player who was already on the ballot and didn't get enough votes to continue, because in this case he is not anymore eligeble.
I dont want to be dictatorial but if we go that way all owners will vote every season in every player from the last 20 season that they think should have another chance, like I will vote every season on Johnny Tinning, Beanball will vote every season in Mussina... it will be a chaos and too much work to count all these players.

Having said that, I'm not against having a second chance vote for players that have the support of a certain number of owners (but the votes would happen in a separeted topic) or a veterans hall where we vote for every player with at least one vote and we lower the standards for this hall or lower the number of votes needed to get in. If you guys want it, we can discuss these possibilities in another topic.
2ndCos

Post by 2ndCos »

Chellini
Stanton
Schroll
Rosen
Mcnabb
Lietner
jthurm2

Post by jthurm2 »

Cincy votes:

McNabb
Schroll Jr.
Chellini
DharmaBums

Post by DharmaBums »

Washington votes for....

Neil Schroll Jr.
Rufio Chellini

and the obligatory homer votes....
F.P. Leitner (possibly my biggest disappointment in Simdynasty.....)
Harry Hartzell

Btw, I like the idea of a "veteran's committee" for players that may in hindsight be worthy of HoF consideration, with the caveat that the process be kept simple and straightforward.
~Dharma~
Roaddog

Re: Hall of Fame 2018 - Boston Vote

Post by Roaddog »

Rufio Chellini

McNabb and Schroll are close, but there are guys that had better careers not in the Hall. Chellini is up there with several already in, plus he has eight rings.

Return to “Cool Papa Bell League”