Last week to vote HOF 2018// Write-in votes discussion

Discussions for the Cool Papa Bell League.

Moderator: 2ndCos

femgo

Last week to vote HOF 2018// Write-in votes discussion

Post by femgo »

Hey guys this is the last week to vote in the 2018 CPBL HOF.
Please vote in the following link viewtopic.php?f=112&t=4181!
According to the thread the last day to vote is friday, I dont know why I choose this date, I usually put the deadline on sunday or monday to let the owners vote on the weekend, so I'll let you guys vote 'till sunday. Let's have 16 votes guys!!

Also, I want to hear your opinions about the write-in votes.
I always accepted write-in votes for eligible players. This season some owners voted on players that had been on the ballot on the past and weren't elected (like 2nd chance votes). I think a write-in vote doesn't make sense in this situation. In my view the only way a player not elected on ballot to be in the HOF is if we have some sort of veterans comittee or something.

Here is what I wrote on the HOF voting thread about it:
"Hey guys, when I say write in votes are accepted I mean that you can write in a player that just retired and is not on my list, not a player who was already on the ballot and didn't get enough votes to continue, because in this case he is not anymore eligeble.
I dont want to be dictatorial but if we go that way all owners will vote every season in every player from the last 20 season that they think should have another chance, like I will vote every season on Johnny Tinning, Beanball will vote every season in Mussina... it will be a chaos and too much work to count all these players.

Having said that, I'm not against having a second chance vote for players that have the support of a certain number of owners (but the votes would happen in a separeted topic) or a veterans hall where we vote for every player with at least one vote and we lower the standards for this hall or lower the number of votes needed to get in. If you guys want it, we can discuss these possibilities in another topic."

Having said all that, I'm not considering these votes, but what you guys think about this subject? Do you guys think we need to change any rules regarding the HOF votes to give more chances for the player and avoid any kind of injustice?
paulcaraccio

Re: Last week to vote HOF 2018// Write-in votes discussion

Post by paulcaraccio »

i was under the impression that the write-in guys were never previously on the ballot. if they were on already and didn't get in then I don't think they should get any more chances. i would support an anti-veterans committee, where we vote old guys out of the hall :lol:
TheBigKahuna0

Post by TheBigKahuna0 »

Yeah, I always thought write-in's were for players who didn't make the ballot but had just retired.

I wouldn't mind a veterans committee. I would say there should be a waiting period (10-20 seasons?) to have someone reconsidered. There are probably a few cases of players losing out when in a strong class or players that weren't HOF by those who came just before them but are HOF compared to those who came after. A couple more votes can't hurt. Just a bit more work for you.

Another thing with write-in's, I know they're not likely to make the ballot but if they get written in it could be best if they wait until the next ballot. If you missed someone, and I write them in after some votes are in, there's not much of a shot they get close to election.
jjensen92

Post by jjensen92 »

I would support a veteran's committee. I don't think players need to be voted out. I do feel however that deserving players have not been voted in. When 9 time all stars get 3 or 4 votes and then are gone that makes no sense to me. They were all stars for a reason and if they were an all star 9 times that means they pretty much dominated their position for an entire decade.

Return to “Cool Papa Bell League”