Draft thoughts.

Discussions for the Cool Papa Bell League.

Moderator: 2ndCos

Roaddog

Draft thoughts.

Post by Roaddog »

Anybody else feel like Admin is trying to shove left handed pitchers down our throats? Not just this draft, and not just this league. All leagues.
paulcaraccio

Re: Draft thoughts.

Post by paulcaraccio »

the one thing i would never accuse the admins of doing these days is "anything at all", so I don't think so, ha. Is 9/32 lefties a lot? seems reasonable.
Roaddog

Post by Roaddog »

paulcaraccio wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 12:12 am the one thing i would never accuse the admins of doing these days is "anything at all", so I don't think so, ha. Is 9/32 lefties a lot? seems reasonable.
Well, good point regarding admin, Paul. No the number of lefties vs righties seems fine. The problem I have is there are very few right handed pitchers worth even looking at. What you are left with are marginal lefties. Oh, some of them will have decent ratings eventually, but lefties with only decent ratings just aren't very good. Maybe with VD, some of these can be OK, with favorable curves. But the thought of trotting out a B+/B lefty at age 23, against Detroit, scares the hell out of me.
2Below

Post by 2Below »

It would be great to only have to worry about lefties verse Detroit...
Or Baltimore...
Or Washington...
Or, well, you've all seen my pitchers...
I mean, YIKES!!!
paulcaraccio

Post by paulcaraccio »

true, i didnt notice most of the pitchers i've ranked the highest in this draft are southpaws. I guess I never look at which hand they throw with, although a glance at the league-wide splits vRH and vLH indicates that I should.

Return to “Cool Papa Bell League”