HOF Veterans Comittee propose

Discussions for the Cool Papa Bell League.

Moderator: 2ndCos

femgo

HOF Veterans Comittee propose

Post by femgo »

Hello all,

First of all, go vote for this season HOF viewtopic.php?t=5450
There always have been complaints about players who deserved to be in the Hall of Fame but for a number of reasons didn’t get enough votes and I agree that is fair to give a new chance to some players. So, I’m proposing a set of rules for a newly created Veterans Committee to start in the 2020 season.

I will organize the Veterans Committee, but everyone will participate according to the following rules:

1. Eligibility
a. To be eligible the player needs to:
i. Be retired for 10 seasons or more
ii. Have at least one all-star appearence

2. Player Selection
a. Every season four owners will have the right to indicate one eligible player each to be voted
i. The owner has to be playing in the CPBL for the last five seasons to be eligible
b. The four owners that will indicate a player will be the ones who have been the longest without doing so (seasons as ineligible owner doesn’t count). Ties will be decided in favor of the owner who is in the league for the longest time. Here is the example for the first three season:

i. 2020
1. 2ndcos (can indicate a player)
2. Jjensen92 (can indicate a player)
3. Sirguru75 (can indicate a player)
4. DharmaBums (can indicate a player)
5. Paulcaraccio
6. MNRebel
7. Beanballs
8. TheBigKahunna
9. Slowjoe
10. Eragon
11. Femgo
12. Rdivinski
13. Satyr
14. Roaddog
15. 2below
Jhturm (ineligible- will be eligible in 2023)

ii. 2021
1. Paulcaraccio (can indicate a player)
2. MNRebel (can indicate a player)
3. Beanballs (can indicate a player)
4. TheBigKahunna (can indicate a player)
5. Slowjoe
6. Eragon
7. Femgo
8. Rdivinski
9. Satyr
10. Roaddog
11. 2below
12. 2ndcos
13. Jjensen92
14. Sirguru75
15. DharmaBums
Jhturm (ineligible-will be eligible in 2023)

iii. 2022
1. Slowjoe (can indicate a player)
2. Eragon (can indicate a player)
3. Femgo (can indicate a player)
4. Rdivinski (can indicate a player)
5. Satyr
6. Roaddog
7. 2below
8. 2ndcos
9. Jjensen92
10. Sirguru75
11. DharmaBums
12. Paulcaraccio
13. MNRebel
14. Beanballs
15. TheBigKahunna
Jhturm (ineligible-will be eligible in 2023 -will enter as last place)

c. The owner can decline to indicate a player. This action will not give the opportunity for another owner to indicate a player.
d. The period the owner is allowed to indicate a player will last one real life week and start on the day the draft happens
e. The owner can write a small text explaining why the indicated player should be in the Hall of Fame (this small text will be on the ballot alongside the players name)

3. Voting Process
a. The voting process for the players indicated by the veterans committee will happen on the same thread used for the regular HOF
b. To be inducted into the HOF the player needs 75% of the votes.
c. No player indicated by the veteran committee will stay on ballot for next season
i. However, the player can be indicated by the veteran committee more than one time (There are no limit)

Now the question you guys have to answer me:
1. Did you understand my propose? As most of you know English is my second (maybe third) language, most of the time I have no trouble communicating with you, but writing this text was really tough
2. Do you agree with the creation of a veterans committee?
3. Do you agree with the rules proposed? What would you change?
Last edited by femgo on Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheBigKahuna0

Re: HOF Veterans Comittee propose

Post by TheBigKahuna0 »

1. Language barrier didn't cross my mind. Well done.
2. Yes
3. Yes

I think we should give it a shot
jjensen92

Post by jjensen92 »

Yes to everything . Well thought out and I hope that some deserving guys that are not in actually get in.
paulcaraccio

Post by paulcaraccio »

1 - It's perfectly understandable, very well-written. I think the only thing you missed is that when you "propose" something (verb), it is a "proposal" (noun)
:)

2 - I'm opposed to the idea, but I won't fight or cry about it if it happens. (I will vote against everyone though)
3 - I think the qualifying criteria under Eligibility part ii could be simplified to just All Star. There are no HOFers with less than 4 All Star appearances. If I'm clicking through the candidates and have to spend 2 seconds looking at the card of a .248 hitter with 1 Gold Glove, I'm gonna start to fight and cry about it, lol.
TheBigKahuna0

Post by TheBigKahuna0 »

I can't wait for my first nomination.

http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?pl ... id=8486497

Paul, I hope you opened that and wasted 2 seconds
paulcaraccio

Post by paulcaraccio »

lol, i did it just for you and/or my closet masochism, but come on now, .253 is no .248!
femgo

Post by femgo »

paulcaraccio wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:17 pm 1 - It's perfectly understandable, very well-written. I think the only thing you missed is that when you "propose" something (verb), it is a "proposal" (noun)
:)

2 - I'm opposed to the idea, but I won't fight or cry about it if it happens. (I will vote against everyone though)
3 - I think the qualifying criteria under Eligibility part ii could be simplified to just All Star. There are no HOFers with less than 4 All Star appearances. If I'm clicking through the candidates and have to spend 2 seconds looking at the card of a .248 hitter with 1 Gold Glove, I'm gonna start to fight and cry about it, lol.
Proposal! Damn, I knew that! :lol: :lol:

Agree in changing the qualifying criteria. When I was writing the rules I thought of a player I had in beta that had great numbers, 2 MVPs and never been an all-star, but the beta league has 24 teams, this won't happen here.

You dont need to fight and cry, but it is important that you let us know that you oppose the idea. We need to know if more owners think like you, we probably need to vote the creation of this veterans comittee eventually. Hope more owners read this and share theirs opinions, I dont want to create something that the majority of owners are against.
2Below

Post by 2Below »

I'm all yes.
My only tweak would be the 10 year wait.
I would propose 5 for a discussion.
That way you can move on after a year of waiting (actual time).
Instead of 2.
slowjoe

Post by slowjoe »

Yes to all

Return to “Cool Papa Bell League”