Souvenir baseball?

Discussions for the Cool Papa Bell League.

Moderator: 2ndCos

MNRebel

Souvenir baseball?

Post by MNRebel »

About a month ago Mitch Garver of the Twins crushed a home run into the left field bleachers at Target Field. From the second it left the bat, that ball was heading for right between my eyes...then at the last second it hooked and the guy a couple seats down botched the catch. It did still have some smoke on it so I can't really blame him. Have any of you caught a foul ball or a home run at a ball game?

The only one I have was at a Florida State League minor league game. In the early 90's I had just headed out to the beer stand when the batter fouled one back. I heard the bat contact, saw the ball just clear over stadium and got a perfect waist high bounce out on the concourse. I couldn't have missed it!
rdivinski

Re: Souvenir baseball?

Post by rdivinski »

I caught a BP ball last month at Fenway. The Tigers were taking BP and I got a liner smoked at me on the first base side. It was either catch it or suffer the consequences. Hand bruised for a week but it was worth it. Not even sure which Tiger hit it.
paulcaraccio

Post by paulcaraccio »

nice! I haven't yet snagged one personally but when i was a kid my dad caught a foul ball from the Angels' Brian Downing and immediately gave it to me. There was a Japanese couple next to us that were astounded to learn we could in fact keep the ball.

Another time we got to the stadium and there was a practice ball just sitting there under the seat! (calling it a practice ball bcuz it wasn't mudded up like the game ball was. same ball, just whiter)
rdivinski

Post by rdivinski »

My daughter has gotten a few practice balls from coaches tossed to her during BP. Some are stamped with the word COPY on them. Good auto balls as then are clean and white, and nail polish will remove the word COPY.

Ronald Acuna tossed two game balls to my wife when we were at a AAA game in Buffalo, I think he liked her “assets” lol.
sirguru75

Post by sirguru75 »

I caught a foul ball off the bat of Barry Bonds several years ago.
TheBigKahuna0

Post by TheBigKahuna0 »

I just got my first MLB ball on Wednesday but in a different (and now I get to brag) style. I got to play a game at the Oakland Coliseum and as part of the fee we paid I got to keep one of the balls we used. All balls in the game were used MLB game balls. I didn't actually know that fact until after the game was over

Return to “Cool Papa Bell League”