HOF Veterans Comittee vote 2021

Discussions for the Cool Papa Bell League.

Moderator: 2ndCos

femgo

HOF Veterans Comittee vote 2021

Post by femgo »

The 2021 HOF Veterans Comittee voting starts now.
The four owners with the right to nominate a player this season are Paulcaraccio, MNRebel, Beanballs and TheBigKahunna.

75% to get inducted. No player stays on ballot for next season
Ballot closes on october 29th 23:59 pacific time zone
Players on the ballot are retired for at least 10 seasons.
The complete rules can be read here: viewtopic.php?f=112&t=5497

Players to be voted:

Buddy Tennant nominated by TheBigKahuna0
Robby Mussina nominated by Beanballs
Scott Martin nominated by MNRebel

For some context you should look for players that are in the HOF and played in the same period of the players on the ballot: http://simdynasty.com/hof.jsp?lid=376

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here what the owner who nominate the players have to say about them:

Kahuna on Buddy Tennat:
"I'll nominate Buddy Tennant. He split his time between the Bleacherbums (now Boston) and the Fence Jumpers (now Toronto). Here some of his stats and rankings

9 time All-Star
Hits: 2716 (8th and 30th)
RBI's: 1566 (9th and 27th)
Walks: 1078 (5th and 17th)
OBP: .357 (12th and 38th)

The first group of rankings? That's the 21 outfielders elected to the HOF. The second group? All 65 hitters in the hall. He started more All-Star games than 58% of HOF hitters. He made all 9 of his All-Star games in a row. He had 5 straight 100 RBI seasons including a 148 RBI year followed by a 130 RBI year. He also won 4 Gold Gloves, but that's not that great when you consider the competition in left field.

I think this exercise is to compare those overlooked with those in the Hall. Tennant is comparable to those already in.

(realized I lumped in those stats players that may not have had full careers. There are 10 guys that retired by 1965 in the HOF. In that group, 3 are outfielders. Obviously they won't compare to the counting stats)"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beanballs on Robby Mussina
"I post for nomination the former Boh Robbie Mussina:

http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=980 ... imps=stats

If you take away his first two plus seasons (when he was 8-36) he has an overall career record of 203-87, and including all his seasons he won 211 games in only 430 starts (663 games overall). He was a 7 time all-star, appeared in 13 playoffs, and took home 7 rings.

What separated Mussina from the rest was his playoff record, an unreal 20-4 with a WHIP of 1.07, and an ERA of 2.25:

http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=980 ... s=playoffs

All of this took place during the "bandbox and juiced ball" era of the Cool Papa Bell against some of the best teams ever assembled (this was before the WPM and also very much in the boom/bust era of the CPBL).

His regular season performance was great, but what makes him a clear HOF'er is his post season dominance (one must consider this time against those stacked teams)..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MNRebel on Scott Martin:
"I didn't think I would nominate anyone, but I will indicate Scott Martin. See what I did there! He was my 1st ever draft pick in the CPBL.

http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=9935985

Scotty was a 7-time all star with 3 Gold Gloves. He ended up being the anchor of 3 championship teams and hitting 370 home runs...the exact number hit by Hall of Fame catchers Nick Clark and Manny Sanguillen. So the only catchers to show more power are Arky Nicol and Darrell Hoiles."
paulcaraccio

Re: HOF Veterans Comittee vote 2021

Post by paulcaraccio »

none - San Fran
MNRebel

Post by MNRebel »

Mussina...if not for him, I believe the Highlanders have a couple more rings. He was a difference maker.

Martin
jthurm2

Post by jthurm2 »

Tennant
Mussina
jjensen92

Post by jjensen92 »

Tennant
Musssina
rdivinski

Post by rdivinski »

All good players but I’m gonna have to vote none.
2Below

Post by 2Below »

None
TheBigKahuna0

Post by TheBigKahuna0 »

I think all of them are as good if not better than some in the hall

I vote the whole boat
Minions

Post by Minions »

The new owners in NY vote for Tennant and Mussina. Tennant should be 1st ballot, Mussina was borderline, but I flipped the coin and it said yes, but Martin is a guy who will never pay for a tab in Denver for the rest of his days, his work just doesnt get the vote in my opinion.
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

Baltimore votes:

All three
The Land of Pleasant Living

Return to “Cool Papa Bell League”