Chasing history

Discussions for the Ashburn Crawford League.
SIRKERRETH

Chasing history

Post by SIRKERRETH »

With Glenn Frey firmly established as the All-Time leader in wins (285, and counting), a couple of contenders are stepping up to chase the number two spot. Currently held by Harry "Pops" Watson (retired with 250), Francois "Faff" Chouinard, currently pitching with Pittsburgh, and Robin Locksley, active with Boston Harbor, are tied at 3rd with 247. Both are OS 37, so time is running out, but both are pitching well and have a chance. I remember Locksley and Frey's rookie season, a friendly bet was made on which would have the better rookie season. Locksley not only lost, but lost out on the ROY on the last day of the season. LoL There have been a lot of great seasons since then. KW
edmortimer

Re: Chasing history

Post by edmortimer »

Good luck to them!
Lyrici17

Post by Lyrici17 »

As much as Locksley has manhandled the Cannibals over the years, I'm surprised it's not more. :lol:

Good luck to both players (and to Harry "Pops" Watson getting to keep his spot, lol).

Also, I just want to give a massive shoutout to Glenn Frey, the best all-time (in my biased opinion). It was truly an honor to have him in a Cleveland uniform.
CardFan4520

Post by CardFan4520 »

That friendly rookie wager was some much fun because it did go down to the last day of the season and Frey has continued to prove he is the Best of the two. Lol I hope he will hang on long enough to get 300 wins but it looks doubtful.
It is four amazingly talented pitchers!

Many thanks to Cleveland for giving Frey two more Cy Youngs and trying to get him a WS ring. Also for trading him back to me to finish his career. CN
CardFan4520

Post by CardFan4520 »

News Flash!!!
Locksley has something on Frey! Locksley has never had a losing season and Frey has one and working on his second in a row. :) CN
SIRKERRETH

Post by SIRKERRETH »

He's also made the playoffs 14/15 seasons. His record was only 13-11 in the playoffs and 1-2 in the WS he played in, but he likes to wear his 3 rings. LoL KW

Return to “Ashburn Crawford League”