near perfect game

Discussions for the Ashburn Crawford League.
gatkeri

near perfect game

Post by gatkeri »

HOU SP Frank Zappa was pitching a perfect game thru 8 innings vs FLA in gm 136. Score was 0-0. He batted with 2 out and 0 on in the bottom of the 8th, drew a walk, and then was removed for a PINCH RUNNER. (according to the manager's preferences). Reliever gave up a hit in the 9th and HOU lost in 10 innings, 2-1. http://www.simdynasty.com/boxscore.jsp? ... d=40608441 I believe that that happened to me once(FLA) in a no-hit bid.
edmortimer

Re: near perfect game

Post by edmortimer »

We need another option to never remove a pitcher who has a no-hitter. The pinch-run options don't factor the pitcher into the equation, just the score, batting order and base runners - I've had a no-hit bid after 7 innings end with the pitcher being pinch-run for.
CardFan4520

Post by CardFan4520 »

Sad to say I didn’t catch that when it happened. HFT hasn’t done to well against you and the Stoners this year. Lol The Blackbirds and Stoners have been in a real battle for third place and a chance at the playoffs. CN
Lyrici17

Post by Lyrici17 »

"Wowie Zowie", that's an unfortunate turn of events (if you're Houston/Zappa anyway). I bet that manager heard some, choice, words.
edmortimer

Post by edmortimer »

Yes, Florida and Colorado have a little rivalry going on - and we finish the season together.

Return to “Ashburn Crawford League”