I don't get it

Discussions for the Joe DiMaggio League.

Moderator: tles

co_daddy

I don't get it

Post by co_daddy »

Now this is no disrespect to tles and his fine squad in the south side of Chicago, but how the hell is he getting the production he is getting out of his 3, 4 and 5 starting pitchers? What am I doing wrong?

Not a one of them with a velocity over C+, and one has an ERA of 3.50 and the 2 others are sub 3.00. You see guys like that have occasional good seasons. But having 3 all at once might be one of the most surprising things I've seen on here.

Just I thought I had while looking for a trade partner.
Mike0221

Re: I don't get it

Post by Mike0221 »

Yeah, it's a bit of a mystery.
I guess Todd is just really lucky.
Like the way his older pitchers continue to excel after they are past their prime. For example, Sam Malone was 36 years-old in the 2035 season and had an ERA of 1.99, a WHIP of 0.91, and 45 Saves. Pop Renteria was 35 years-old in 2032 season and won the AL Cy Young with an ERA of 2.05, a WHIP of 1.00, and 22 Wins. And Doug Gardiner was 37 when he won 19 games with an ERA of 2.74 and a WHIP of 1.08.
He's lucky with his trades too.
Pop Renteria (already in the HOF) and Doug Gardiner (about to be inducted) were both #1 overall picks, and both were acquired in the same trade for Ernie Brown (a late first-round pick) and Wally Brennan (a second-round pick, who lost 172 games).
Wish I could make trades like that.
Jonathan8

Post by Jonathan8 »

Sometimes you just have to give credit where it's due. Besides I have heard that Todd is aware that ABE is partial to Bacardi !
tles

Post by tles »

You guys are funny. To be honest, I can't believe my team is doing this good this year. I thought last year my team was too old to compete... but what the heck... if I'm in the hunt so I guess I'm going for it.

Also, Sam Malone and Doug Gardiner were old but they were still good.

(I think Abe likes my craft beer)

Return to “Joe DiMaggio League”