Hall of Fame Rules

Discussions for the Joe DiMaggio League.

Moderator: tles

Admin
Site Admin

Hall of Fame Rules

Post by Admin »

Originally posted by tles

1. Anyone may nominate a player. Theoretically each owner should track his own retirees and nominate those he thinks are deserving. When nominating a player please post a link to his card and any anecdotal info you feel is relevant eg: was a 5 time All Star who retired 6th in HR, 8th in RBI and 9th in OPS - that sort of stuff.

2. Owners may vote for anywhere from 0 to 8 players in any year.

3. A minumum of 8 owners will need to cast their votes for the ballot to count.

4. A player must get at least 75% of the votes cast to get into the hall. (If 8 owners cast their votes a player must get 6 votes to get in)

5. A player will stay on the ballot unless he receives less than 20% of the votes.

6. A player may be renominated if he has been dropped from the ballot.

7.The player must be retired.
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hall of Fame Rules

Post by Admin »

Last HOF stats from the old forum, posted by tles:

HALL OF FAME STATS!!!! (updated 7/19/2017)

Starting pitchers= 37
Relief pitchers= 18
55 total pitchers

Catchers= 8
1B-men= 5
2B-men= 10
3B-men= 9
SS= 12
LF-ers= 7
CF-ers= 17
RF-ers= 10
OF-ers= 35
79 total hitters

134 total Hall of Famers

- 18 overall #1 picks (10 pitchers, 8 hitters)
- 98 players were first round picks (41 pitchers, 57 hitters)
- 10 players were 2nd round picks (3 pitchers, 7 hitters)
- 4 players were 3rd round picks (1 pitcher, 3 hitters)
- 2 players were 4th round picks (2 pitchers)
- 3 players were 5th round picks (3 hitters)
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
jbk

Post by jbk »

Why should other Leagues have any say whatsoever in the Hall of Fame rules established by my particular League? The Duke Snider League Hall of Fame, of which I am the proud Commissioner, has established rules different than those suggested by the Administrator and “ties”. Why do you or anyone else care?
tles

Post by tles »

jbk, I don't think I understand what you are trying to say. If you are asking where we got the Hall of Fame rules from, the JDL developed those rules many years ago specific for our league. A far as the stats, I personally went through all of the Hall of Famers and figured out those stats so JDL owners could use as a guideline when they are voting.

Return to “Joe DiMaggio League”