Teams in the league

Discussions for the Phil Niekro League.
petitecheval

Teams in the league

Post by petitecheval »

I have reached out to Support and have not gotten a response in over a month.

Approximately half the teams in the league are not active. At all.

We pay money every month for the experience o SimD. To trade....Waiver Wire...Competition....Whatever. If over half the league is inactive, and leaving players in minors, etc, it takes away from the game significantly. It has been multiple seasons since this has gone on. It seems unfair to me that we are basically playing without the full benefit of the league being active at all.

I am deeply disappointed it hasn't been responded to or addressed adequately. I am not trying to be a complainer here, but if it was a team or two, I would get it. But HALF?

I have been playing SimD for 12 years plus. This seems wrong......
ptech

Re: Teams in the league

Post by ptech »

I approached Admin about a merger last season. I'll do so again.
Zombies

Post by Zombies »

That is beyond ridiculous.
petitecheval

Post by petitecheval »

I have reached out to the league a number of times, since November. with basically no response.

It seems unfair we are even paying full fees. There are few teams to trade with, the waiver wire doesn't get populated properly, and so on.
ptech

Post by ptech »

Best i can do is clean up the crap teams. So far, admin hasn't gotten back to me. Honestly, we need a merger, or to just fold.
ptech

Post by ptech »

...and i agree. Paying full fees is unfair.
ptech

Post by ptech »

I refreshed the sale dates on a few teams and cleaned up the messy rosters. Now its up to admin.
petitecheval

Post by petitecheval »

Thank you Ptech. I have reached out a few times (Starting in November) and have gotten NO response. Actually it is pretty abhorrent.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I apologize. November was not good for me, as I was hospitalized so mergers got back-burnered to fixing more immediate issues.

There is not currently another 9GPD league in need of a merge. The closest is the Gibson Feller League but it only has six available slots, not eight.

So we have a couple of options:

- Shut down the league and transfer your remaining credit to other teams on the For Sale list, plus an additional five months (credit for November/December/January, plus the free month you traditionally get when taking over a team, plus a month to sweeten the pot)
Pros: Easy, can happen right away, extra credit!
Cons: Giving up the teams you have built, possibly scattering you between different leagues depending on your choices

- Merge with another league
Pros: You get to keep your team, you all stay together
Cons: Finding a league to merge with may take time, rule differences need to be ironed out, all the histories from both leagues are lost

With this many owners gone, my inclination is to do a straight shutdown. You would all cancel your subscriptions, select a team from the Available Teams list, and I'd give you control right away. I'd also set up all teams in this league to run for free until the remainder of this season is over, so you would have teams in both leagues for a while.

If instead you would prefer a merge, I'll start hunting for a merge candidate.

Thank you all for your patience!

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
ptech

Post by ptech »

This calls for a vote of the active owners. Of course the perimeters would be up to Chris, but I'd imagine a straight up/down majority vote would suffice.

Return to “Phil Niekro League”