Idea to accomodate keeping all but one owner of the PNL together

Discussions for the Phil Niekro League.
carlyaz

Idea to accomodate keeping all but one owner of the PNL together

Post by carlyaz »

Hello to all,
My name is Mark and I have been chaperoning the Cleveland franchise here in the PNL for quite a few seasons (maybe 6 seasons). I am also the commissioner of the Mark Fidrych League. ptech, aka Eli is a member of our league running the Los Angeles Earthquakes franchise. He has been with the league for nearly 50 seasons and is an outstanding owner in our league recognized for his competitiveness, success, and integrity. I feel all of our owners share these same qualities. He is the main reason I chose to chaperone the Cleveland franchise. I wanted to help out a fellow MFL'er so I joined this league as a chaperone. Since helping out, I have noticed the same characteristics I mentioned earlier of the owners in this league, too.

The MFL is in a similar situation as you are here. We currently have 5 of our teams that currently do not have an owner in charge (one has a chaperone, the other four do not). So I ran the idea past Eli of seeing what he thought of making all the members of the PNL aware of our situation and suggest that all owners in the PNL join the MFL. With Eli being in the league already, that means there would be room for 5 of the 6 owners besides Eli free to join the league (so it's not a perfect fit as there is room for everyone here except one owner).

The biggest positive of this is that it would keep nearly all of you together to continue competing against one another. You would join a league where nearly all of the remaining owners in the MFL have been there for as long or longer than Eli so turnover would be rare which means you and the current members of the MFL wouldn't have to worry about being in the situation that both league are currently in (assuming you all join and like the league and their owners as much as the current owners as the MFL).

The biggest negative is that the 5 current teams are not very competitive at this point in time, mainly due to the lack of an owner. However, each team has been drafting well and keeping their minors close to 15 for proper minors development as I have been taking care of the four unowned teams to insure that happens. But, I think in a few seasons each would be at the level you would expect with your TLC.

Probably the most noted difference is the MFL only plays 6 games per day as opposed to 9.

It would be a giant boost to the MFL member's morale to have a full group competing again. And I'm hopeful all of you would enjoy being a part of a league that would bring stability to the league (providing each of you find the MFL fun to compete in and stay with the league).

So I'm hopeful and would love to see the MFL fill with you guys, should the PNL decide to shut down as seems to be the direction the majority of you have stated is the best direction to go given the current status of the league.

I look forward to hearing your responses regarding this idea and am hopeful each of you would be willing to join the MFL. If you have questions and or concerns, please feel free to state them here and either I or Eli will respond.

Mark (aka carlyaz)
chaperone of the Cleveland franchise here in the PNL
owner of the Detroit franchise in the Mark Fidrych league
ptech

Re: Idea to accomodate keeping all but one owner of the PNL together

Post by ptech »

This is a great plan. I'm on board with this and I can vouch for the MFL. It's got a solid core of some really good owners. No shenanigans, no drama. I endorse this fully.
carlyaz

Re: Idea to accomodate keeping all but one owner of the PNL together

Post by carlyaz »

Hello all,
I wanted to encourage all of you that want to give the MFL a go, to pick up whatever team is available. It looks like Steve (swd4647) already picked up the Brooklyn franchise. That means that the Kansas City, Baltimore, Texas, and Washington (team currently being chaperoned) franchises are still available.
I am hopeful you all want to stay together and will pick up one of the available franchises to put your expertise to use and make your team a WS title contender.

Steve, thank you for joining and I hope to see the rest of you in the MFL soon.

Thanks for your consideration,
Mark (carlyaz)

Return to “Phil Niekro League”