Seriously?

Discussions for the Max Carey League.
imalbundy2

Seriously?

Post by imalbundy2 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:24 am

been biting my fingers for some time hoping things would equalize but i can't take it anymore.

how the fuk is ARI TWENTY games ahead of my team?

on paper, the team is not better than mine. in fact, i would argue that my team is better.

there are no settings than can make something like this happen.

so what kind of drugs is ABE taking to make him think that ARI is TWENTY games better?

Bribar

Re: Seriously?

Post by Bribar » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:57 pm

I completely agree. The good news is that everything eventually evens out, and next season, which will be my last in Dynasty, my team will probably collapse. (I cannot stand the tanking trades in Dynasty, and there is little or none of that in Barry Zito, a salary league, where every team has a chance to win every season.)

imalbundy2

Post by imalbundy2 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:14 am

thanks. most people fly off the handle when i point out something like this.

i didn't claim that your team sucked. it's obviously good, but not 20 games better than mine good.

hate to see you go rather than rebuild, but at least my team should be in the NL drivers seat for awhile.

yankeejim2323

Post by yankeejim2323 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:46 am

Both yall are better than my team, so I will sit back and be quiet. LOL. Heck, I won the World Series last year as the 5th best team in the MCL

Baskets

Post by Baskets » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:07 am

That's why they play the games...

imalbundy2

Post by imalbundy2 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:02 pm

This is NOT real baseball.

The players don't have drug/alcohol problems, depression/anxiety/personality issues, or spouse/family matters to throw a monkey wrench into things.

They also do not play through injuries.

In THIS game, the best team on paper should almost ALWAYS come out on top. Anything else is just, well, is just plain stupid.

Bribar

Post by Bribar » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:53 pm

There seems to be a random number thrown into the picture at the beginning of the season that determines whether a player is going to outperform or underperform his ratings all season. Also, it seems that a pitcher who is underperforming his ratings may have the random number reset after he comes off the DL.

imalbundy2

Post by imalbundy2 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:34 pm

i'm not sure about all of that, but what i DO know is that when two teams meet, each team is assigned a "number" based on their players ratings.

then ABE works his magic to determine an outcome.

it might seem ridiculous for one of the most successful owners in history to bitch and whine as much as i do, but i have had things happen to me that should never happen to anyone. i have been the 1960 yankees more than anyone. i have fallen prey to the 1988 dodgers more than anyone. i have been buckner-ed and armbrister-ed more than anyone.

the numbers of times i have been allowed to topple a team in the WS that was hands down better than mine, is less than 10, but my team has fallen to vastly inferior teams dozens of times.

i guess the reason things never balance out for me is because my teams are either really, really good or really, really bad. i think i have had one team make the playoffs that didn't really belong and that was during my 2nd or 3rd month of playing back in 2007 before i learned how to rebuild properly. it was swept handily as it should have been.

Return to “Max Carey League”