Milestone Watch

Discussions for the Vada Pinson League.
Minions

Milestone Watch

Post by Minions »

Just thought I'd put this out there that long time cog for the Minions Craig Harrington is slowly, but hopefully certainly, going to get to 3000 hits this season. It was a shock that he returned to his 17th season, his bat is a touch slow nowadays, but with the rebuild underway, the Minions do need that draw to the box office.

The only other milestone I can see for active players is Sean Mesner from Boston just eclipsed 500 saves, and if he plays long enough he could possibly eek into the top 5 closers of all time in the VPL.

Don Schramka might come close to 300 wins, hes at 201 and turns 33 this season. 304 wins puts him in the top 5 of all time.
piper108

Re: Milestone Watch

Post by piper108 »

Harrington may have a bit of an uphill battle being 85 hits away, but I hope he gets there! That's definitely a great accomplishment in this game.
Minions

Post by Minions »

Yeah, his first career stint on the DL didnt help. He was borderline all-star earlier this season, so I think he could go through a nice stretch (and screw up the whole losing part lol). Either way, he's getting the playing time he would never get, and whether he makes it or not, I hope he does retire this season. I need the roster spots lol.
piper108

Post by piper108 »

Yeah, it's nice to be able to get the old guys the playing time like that, but at some point it can definitely be more of a burden. Especially since he's not an A+ mentor.
Minions

Post by Minions »

I'm not too concerned about the burden yet, for I only have 3 young hitters in the majors that are part of the long term plan. Couch is the centerpiece (at the moment) for the next big push, and until he and the young starting pitching in the minors is ready, there are spots to burn.
Minions

Post by Minions »

Harrington has had a pretty nice streak of late, and now he's at 2950. With 56 games left, its entirely possible to get those 50 remaining hits. I know promotions is in full printing mode in getting ads out there, and rumors are circling of a bobblehead night coming that final weekend. With no football left in San Diego (well you never know, we are 16 years in the future here), sports fans have little to root for. Go Harrington!!!
Minions

Post by Minions »

27 games to go Craig needs 16 hits!!!

Ticket sales are starting to spike for the final month.
piper108

Post by piper108 »

It looks like he'll get there!
Minions

Post by Minions »

5 hits left, our games are selling out!!! Harrington Jerseys are flying off the shelves :)

Now if he'll only take the Single A manager's gig this offseason lol
causey

Post by causey »

He made it...congrats!

Return to “Vada Pinson League”