Congrats Minnesota

Discussions for the Vada Pinson League.
mbaerwal

Congrats Minnesota

Post by mbaerwal »

Your pitching is something else......congrats on your victory and Good Luck in the world series.
DeepThreat

Re: Congrats Minnesota

Post by DeepThreat »

Well, outside of those two middle RPs who tried to give it all away... LOL

Good series. Wasn't sure how this one might turn out. Seems that homefield was an advantage this time in my cavernous stadium.

You've got a pretty stacked rotation yourself, and Locke is going to be amazing to watch in just a year or two.
MortonsFork

Post by MortonsFork »

Congrats, DT. Nice job by a darned good team. I felt like the Forks might have gotten beat by defense in this one. Four strong teams in the playoffs, and another grinding their teeth waiting for next year. Should be interesting! GL -- Morty
DeepThreat

Post by DeepThreat »

Thanks Mortons. Yeah, I pretty much had to build around pitching and defense, since I really couldn't ever nab any top level hitters in the draft during my rebuild. All but a handful of the power hitters in those drafts were either too old to survive the rebuild, had some other stat I just didn't want, or were not as strong of a talent as a pitcher or more overall hitter. The few power-potential guys I did manage to draft wound up not developing as well as expected... and became more contact-speed sort of guys. So, I had to adjust accordingly... and my offense has never been on of the strongest in the league. Though, the past couple of years have been worse than others.

Plus, home field advantage has been a very real phenomenon with this team. Massive stadium (which I did bring the walls in a touch this offseason), strong pitching, and excellent defensive ratings at basically every position reduces the oppositions' offensive capabilities. Home field has never really be all that great of an advantage for me before, but it's a big deal with this team. To date, I think I've only lost 2 maybe 3 home games in 4 playoff and 3 WS runs.

I had my doubts as to whether I could win or not. Every team that got in deserved to be there, as did one that did not. All are good teams in their own manner, and pretty closely balanced. I just managed to be the lucky one out of the mix, both in outcome... and with my starting catcher returning from injury when he did.
PetesFan

Post by PetesFan »

Congratulations on the World Series win, San Francisco.

We certainly had a good playoff series before the World Series.

To everyone, thanks for another fun season. Good luck in the coming year.

Ian
Houston
causey

Post by causey »

Congrats, Deep Threat! It's a nice team...however you break it down.

Return to “Vada Pinson League”