Our First Hall of Fame nominations

Discussions for the Bill Mazeroski League.

Moderator: stahler72

Skuba

Our First Hall of Fame nominations

Post by Skuba »

I will work on a list for our first Hall of Fame and I will get it posted on the message board Sunday night. Until then I'm thinking if you know someone that deserves consideration for the Hall please post their name on a reply to this post. Once I have posted the list of nominations I want everyone to submit their votes in a PM message to me and you will have until the end of the World Series to do so. I will reveal the players that have made the Hall of Fame before the start of the new season.

For the first Hall of Fame ballot I am looking for players that retired from 1970 to 1980. Next season I will add names to the list that retired in 1981 and I will drop names off the list that don't get votes from the year before.

I hope that everyone will participate in this and have fun with it. Lobby for your favorite player to get enough votes to get voted in.

I will update everyone on how many players each owner will submit for their ballot once I have finalized the nominees.

Thank you and sorry for being so long winded.
Skuba
stahler72

Re: Our First Hall of Fame nominations

Post by stahler72 »

I can only see three guys who I think might be worthy of HOF and then you would need to extend the qualification to 1983 (we are still a rather young league)

From those candidates, only Pat Servais is really truly worthy.... he is a 12x allstar, 2x mvp, 4x gold glove, leads the league in games, at bats, runs, hits, doubles and walks.

Pat Servais NY - SS
http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=12619806

Ralph Fermin TOR - P
http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=12619940

Jack Freeman CIN - P
http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=12620229
chbutt

Post by chbutt »

NY Bronx Bombers vote for all three. Thank you scuba for doing this.
matthewlee3

Post by matthewlee3 »

I think only Servais for me at this point, although I'm willing to consider Fermin or Freeman down the line. Unless we want to factor in length of time in the league (e.g. was only in the league for 6 seasons but was dominant), I don't suspect we will have many candidates that are clearly worthy yet. I think we may need a few more seasons before we can get a sense of what a HOF career looks like in this league.
rfurlong97

Post by rfurlong97 »

Servais and Fermin.
MDorf

Post by MDorf »

Only Servais for me
lewie

Post by lewie »

Servius!
rickskbc

Post by rickskbc »

all 3
chance4103

Post by chance4103 »

Servius and Fermin
Skuba

Post by Skuba »

It looks like our first player in the HOF will be Pat Servais.

I do believe the other 2 players deserve consideration to be inducted in the future along with a couple other players. This league does have a short track record of history but in the 10 plus years there was a few other players that were dominant while they were active. I will make a new post with the list of those guys.

Thank you to all that replied to this post with there votes.

Return to “Bill Mazeroski League”