Subscription league or stoppage?

Discussions for the Robin Roberts League.
Michael1

Subscription league or stoppage?

Post by Michael1 »

How will we proceed after 2-18?
the_soup

Re: Subscription league or stoppage?

Post by the_soup »

If we change to subscription with the 16 RRL teams, I will opt to stay in.

Thanks
awasp69

Post by awasp69 »

I'm for whatever keeps the league going.
jaybee5

Post by jaybee5 »

I've already renewed, but if it can be converted to subscription to keep going I am fine with that
Imagex8

Post by Imagex8 »

I have no problem with switching to subscription. But I'm not so jazzed with keeping the league as is. With 188 speed teams for sale on the site, I don't know that we'll ever fill Baltimore, Toronto, & Seattle, or anyone else who drops out in the future.
CEO, have you had any discussions with another league or with the admins about the possibility of combining with another league?
~Mark/Montreal
the_soup

Post by the_soup »

I'm sure owners who have merged leagues have different experiences, but I helped merge two leagues I was in into one 24 team league a couple of years ago. There are pros and cons to a larger league. The major pro is the two subscription leagues have continued as one merged league. I think the major cons were with 24 teams there were always teams without an owner (turnover) and it just seemed like the draft was more diluted with 24 first round picks (even though admin says the draft was populated for the larger league). This was my own issue, but I had been in one league over 125 seasons and the other one only 32 seasons, but the history just becomes irrelevant for the defunct leagues. And for the teams merging into the new league, owners had to choose one team if they were in both leagues. And if two owners in either the AL or NL had the same city going into the merged league, the senior owner kept the city and the other owner had to move (not that big a deal for most owners I guess). I tried twice to be an owner in the merged league, but just wasn't as fun for me. I am sure other owners enjoyed being in the merged league.

It seems the major issue in Sim Dynasty since 2015 has been the number of open teams. Attracting new people in SimD to pay for teams has been a challenge. The Chaperones, the Bots, and closing down leagues have been tried. The last couple of years it has been merging two leagues into one, deciding what the games per day and merged league rules will be. Sim Dynasty has been a good product at a reasonable price, but the challenge of the number of teams for sale seems to be increasing. Hard for me to believe I have been playing SimD since 2002.
Imagex8

Post by Imagex8 »

Yeah, my perspective is probably the more idealistic point of view - I want 16 fully active members for better trades, better drafts & player development, more competition. Your perspective sounds more realistic - you mainly want a league that keeps going without major stoppages, even if it has a few inactive teams.

On a related note, why in the world is the Seattle team listed as renewing on the league info page when the owner hasn't been active since September?
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

He may have marked that before the illness hit him. I am giving the commish until GROUNDHOG day FEB 2. to make a decision or get the ADMIN to set up a Merge or subscription. I will not have a league that languishes and if we stay how we are we will. This site has too many speed teams that no one will subscribe too. It is very discouraging.
CEO

Post by CEO »

I have contacted the HBL to see if they are interested in a potential merger. Of course, league members will have to vote Admin will have to approve and execute. The site is overwhelmed with vacancies, so things don't happen overnight. The problem we are having with the HBL is site wide. To keep the RRL alive, the best course of action would be for everyone active to renew and assign chaperones to the vacant teams. That would probably be the most effective solution at this point.

The Seattle franchise is for sale, although the previous owner marked renewal.
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

Since we have no plan moving forward I am pulling out at the end of the year. I have enjoyed my time and I brought this issue up TWO months ago and no movement even to a Subscription league. So I can only figure we will be stopped for an indefinite amount of time. Add my team the for sale/ expansion draft list.

Return to “Robin Roberts League”