Possible merger

Discussions for the Robin Roberts League.
awasp69

Possible merger

Post by awasp69 »

I had contacted admin about a possible merger in my Mookie Wilson League, and he suggested we merge with this league, the RRL. The thing is, I own a team in both leagues, so I would have to forfeit one, but between the two leagues, it would give us 16 active owners total. I am willing to do this, to get both leagues up and running again. I suggest the commish of the league contact admin and suggest a possible merger with the MWL to get the ball rolling. Thanks.
Michael1

Re: Possible merger

Post by Michael1 »

teams in MWL still active and city? teams here willing to merge? I don't lose STL so I am good.
ttreese

Post by ttreese »

I'm in for a merger with the Mookie Wilson League. Looks like both leagues are at different spots in season so I assume merger would occur after season?

Thanks for pursuing this. Consolidation site wide would be good. I'd much prefer fewer leagues and higher % owner and participation rates.
Imagex8

Post by Imagex8 »

Thanks awasp! I would be interested in pursuing this merge.

I see 10 teams in Mookie Wilson who are active in the past few days (BOS, KC, NYA, OAK, WAS, MIL, ANA, SF, SEA, & ATL). Have some of those said they aren't interested in staying the league through a merge? Most of the owners in Robin Roberts have said they wouldn't mind a city/team change too much, so that shouldn't be a big deal. There are a few rules differences between the leagues:
-Minor League System: 5 vs. 2
-Injury System: 3 vs. 2
-Catcher Rule Percentage: 75% vs. 50%

Does Mookie Wilson have some additional rules? On the league info page there's a link, but it points to an old forum page that no longer exists.

Thanks again!
Mark/Montreal
ttreese

Post by ttreese »

Both awasp69 & Apps24 have teams in each league so that would drop us to possible 8 teams from each league merging which might get us to exactly 16 total and active. Maybe a couple drop with merger but even if so seems like both leagues would be in a better position moving forward.

Minor League system went to System 5 as default league-wide in 2017. Hopefully that won't be an issue going to System 5.

The injury system and catcher % hopefully are less of an issue either way.
awasp69

Post by awasp69 »

Apps is awol in both leagues, so his teams will drop out. He was the old commish in the MWL, then just vanished. I was voted to take over as commish there. Yes, some of the league rules differ, so we would have to vote on which ones to keep or change. The SF team in the MWL is under chaperone, so that team would also probably drop out. The chaperone specified he wouldn't buy the team.
ttreese

Post by ttreese »

Another option is merging with the Ozzie Smith League. Am in that league (Texas Vaqueros) and we have an entire office of owners (8) depart last season. Basically Nine teams unexpectedly became inactive. Current commish isn't responding. Am offering to take over as Commish there. Another option as well.
Imagex8

Post by Imagex8 »

Thanks ttreese!
I do think Mookie Wilson is a better fit for us. We'll have a full 16 active owners (as opposed to 14 I think after a merge with Ozzie Smith) and the rules are more similar (variable development and minor system 3 in Ozzie Smith).
If anyone has an objection to merging with Mookie Wilson, let me know soon. Otherwise awasp & I will let admin know both leagues are ready to go ahead with it.
Thanks,
Mark/Montreal
awasp69

Post by awasp69 »

Most of the owners in MWL that have responded are all for the merger.
Imagex8

Post by Imagex8 »

I've taken all our abandoned teams off the replacement team list, just to make sure no one buys one and complicates the merge. Awasp, you probably should do the same for Mookie Wilson.

Return to “Robin Roberts League”